Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one thing I can tell from this...
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
On Rose, when you are losing 33-6 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter, why are you running the ball that much?  Next possession, 12 runs (including a couple of scrambles), 3 passes.  Next possession; 5 runs (1 scramble), 2 passes.  Next: 1 run, 2 passes.  Last: scramble, run, pass.  I am sorry but if you are losing 33-6 and running the ball, you are going to get yardage.  Did the coaching staff want to see whether the back-ups could run block against a prevent defense?  Or make sure Mond could hand off the ball?  
Honestly, I think they were trying to keep Mond from having to do too much the first time out. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
On Rose, when you are losing 33-6 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter, why are you running the ball that much?  Next possession, 12 runs (including a couple of scrambles), 3 passes.  Next possession; 5 runs (1 scramble), 2 passes.  Next: 1 run, 2 passes.  Last: scramble, run, pass.  I am sorry but if you are losing 33-6 and running the ball, you are going to get yardage.  Did the coaching staff want to see whether the back-ups could run block against a prevent defense?  Or make sure Mond could hand off the ball?  
Honestly, I think they were trying to keep Mond from having to do too much the first time out. 
I get that but why play him at all.  He had missed ten days of practice and Zimmer had indicated that he was not going to play.   The smarter play was hold him out this game and get him truly prepared for the next game.  One of many weird coaching decisions.  

But more, my comment related to not reading too much into Rose's performance.  Letting Rose get 5 yards a pop when leading 33 to 6 is the right call by the Broncos.

@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
I get that but why play him at all.  He had missed ten days of practice and Zimmer had indicated that he was not going to play.   The smarter play was hold him out this game and get him truly prepared for the next game.  One of many weird coaching decisions.  

But more, my comment related to not reading too much into Rose's performance.  Letting Rose get 5 yards a pop when leading 33 to 6 is the right call by the Broncos.
The broncos werent playing to win and neither were we. We ran plays to see how players responded. The score didnt matter even a little bit. 

@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:

Totally agree. I would not have played Mond. I just hope we didn't set him back a couple of weeks by putting him in there before he was ready. Not sure if Stanley and Etling just weren't available? I don't know.