Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 13 Training Camp Notes
Practice ends with hurry up situation with Kellen Mond leading the offense. Tie game 17-17, 1:30 left with the offense starting at their 25. They get to about the 40 and Mond throws an incomplete pass toward the sideline. Somehow they then end up at the 7, Mond to Proehl TD.

Not a lot of tweets today. Tomorrow and Thursday should be a bonanza with the joint practice.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Eric Smith
@Eric_L_Smith
· 29m
I’m not doing usual #Vikings 3 Observations since it’s just a walk-through, but worth noting Riley Patterson just hit all 5 field goals in team period. Long was 47 yards.

By my count, he’s 7/7 so far after coming off PUP list.

Joseph is 24/30 overall in camp.

First, his wife leaves him, now this.
The longer this competition goes, the closer the Vikings get to making the wrong decision. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Eric Smith
@Eric_L_Smith
· 29m
I’m not doing usual #Vikings 3 Observations since it’s just a walk-through, but worth noting Riley Patterson just hit all 5 field goals in team period. Long was 47 yards.

The longer this competition goes, the closer the Vikings get to making the wrong decision. 
Truth.

@"BarrNone55" said:
Eric Smith
@Eric_L_Smith
· 29m

Do they even need the competition for that to happen?

@"BarrNone55" said:
From what I've noticed today, Oli Udoh is taking majority of the snaps at RG on the first team offense
Keep it up, Oli. 

That’s what Lena said…  Wink B)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1425181047730409475
I don't wanna post the Rodgers video :-(

@"BarrNone55" said:
Eric Smith
@Eric_L_Smith
· 29m

Absolutely agree 

If Mond is healthy enough to be under center in these 2-min drill situations, then it stands to reason he’s healthy enough to face the Broncos, right? And get some preseason reps this weekend?

I know Browning is the flavor of the week by default around here lately, but I’m not sold on him as part of this team’s future at all. I want to see Mond.

(I want to see Kirk too but if the coaches want to bench him during the preseason I’m good with that. Better safe than sorry. If he goes down so does the season.)

i would say Mond will get  the 4th quarter