Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 4 Covid Camp Notes
and since many of us have taken this thread where its not supposed to go.. do we all get banned or do we move the thread?

[Image: VQWcT2t4_bigger.jpg]
Does Mike Zimmer worry that the locker room might split with leaders on the team who are unvaccinated?

“If some leaders miss games and we lose those games, that might,” Zimmer said.

[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
Mike Zimmer’s frustration with unvaccinated players came out again today; the #Vikings coach had plenty to say, but his fear can be summed up in one comment: “I feel we’re going to have guys miss games.”
Why won’t some Vikings players get vaccinated?

“Some of the things they read are just, woof, out there,” Zimmer said.

[Image: cOLMVY8I_bigger.png]
Mike Zimmer not backing down from his disappointment in unvaccinated players. Spent a good five or six minutes fielding questions about Saturday’s situation. Says he doesn’t believe some players will ever get the shot. “Some of the things they read, phew,” Zimmer said.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
and since many of us have taken this thread where its not supposed to go.. do we all get banned or do we move the thread?
Ban the whole damn lot of them!.....er, us!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Moderators choice. Lock the thread or join in?

I see two arguments here. One is the effect on fan's choice of favorite team and the other is the overall effect upon humankind itself.
One involves entertainment and the other is reality.

The entire vax debate should be based on risk vs benefit like every thing else in medicine. Nobody should die, nor suffer long term disabilities, if avoidable.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Well, if Kirk doesn't want to get vaccinated...  this just further cements my opinion the Vikings need to move on from the selfish, mercenary, stat-whore, no leadership, Nickelodeon dad.

Hopefully Kellen Mond is the real deal so we can get a few years on a cheap rookie contract with this young core we put together.
We're educated adults. We should be able to separate the two issues.

I don't think it will, but IF this continues...if he still selfishly refuses to get vaccinated and this haunts us all season long, forcing this championship-caliber roster and its long-suffering fanbase to sit on pins and needles awaiting covid test results for every game down the stretch and into the playoffs, we should not only move on from him, but he should never play in the NFL again. 

Colin Kaepernick was shunned by the NFL after peacefully protesting police brutality. He took a goddam knee. He never once put anyone at risk. He never once put his team at risk. Right now Cousins is showing everyone just how much he cares about his team and its fans. 
He "disrespected the flag" and wore pig socks to shun the police... terrible crimes

PA says 3 players he knows wont ever get the shot “will quit if they are forced to”

So how does this play out?  retirements?  cut?  Lawsuits?

toradol? hgh? a profession with a high probablity of CTE?  sign them up.  

A vaccine in the time of a global pandemic, nahhh

fucking lovely

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Why won’t some Vikings players get vaccinated?

“Some of the things they read are just, woof, out there,” Zimmer said.
Regardless of what happens from here, it sure seems like the damage is done and certain relationships between players and coaches will not be the same.  Also doesn't look like guys like Cousins, Smith and Thielen are going to change their minds, so this will be a much larger schism than Childress could have ever imagined!  All 3 players are irreplaceable for the most part right now, so they are going to be a part of the team one way or the other and these hard feelings are not going away.  

Cousins has never shown any kind of leadership or concern for anyone, but himself and this definitely confirms the fact that he is a total me player.  He should be leading the team and instead it will be a divided team all year and will certainly effect the wins and losses.