Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers now almost $50M over salary cap in 2022 after Aaron Rodgers restructure
Trouble in paradise…?  Wink B)  too bad!

The Green Bay Packers are going all-in with Aaron Rodgers in 2021 because a transition is probably coming in 2022.The salary cap all but guarantees it.
After the Packers restructured Rodgers’ deal, pushing almost $10 million of cap dollars to next year to create space for this year, the Packers are now almost $50 million over the salary cap in 2022, according to Over the Cap.
The Packers have $257 million worth of contracts committed to 52 players for the 2022 season. Over the Cap is predicting a cap of $208.2 million.
Good luck Devante on that fat new contract…!  :p
https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-now-almost-50m-over-133633103.html

Arent we expecting a big jump in cap with the TV deal?  

I thought that is why everyone wanted 1 yr deals?

Quote: @AGRforever said:

Well the cap went down due to COVID revenue constraints, last season it was $198.2m, this season it’s $182.5m, the new TV deal doesn’t kick in ‘til 2023.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@AGRforever said:

Well the cap went down due to COVID revenue constraints, last season it was $198.2m, this season it’s $182.5m, the new TV deal doesn’t kick in ‘til 2023.

that purple part is something that seems to be escaping many.   its not just a matter of getting through this last years crop of free agents,  its next offseason as well,  and back loading deals is risky due to the effects of a high dollar player getting injured or having their play fall off at a key high dollar position where you cant often get by on a cheap replacement.

So you're saying that if A. Barr walks into Rodgers again, the Packers are F'd not only this year, but a good chunk of the foreseeable future as well.  A plan comes to mind.  Bwahahaha.

Well they are definitely cutting Z'Darius after this year if his contract isnt restructured. No way he's getting $28MM next year so they are really $22MM over or whatever that number is.

Quote: @RS Express said:
So you're saying that if A. Barr walks into Rodgers again, the Packers are F'd not only this year, but a good chunk of the foreseeable future as well.  A plan comes to mind.  Bwahahaha.
I actually think there is a fair chance that could happen, not from Barr, but it's not so easy to stay healthy when you are older.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@RS Express said:
I actually think there is a fair chance that could happen, not from Barr, but it's not so easy to stay healthy when you are older.

I think you're right on the money.

Bart Starr, Farve and Rodgers all made 16 seasons  in GB.

If Rodgers completes #17, he'd be the first to do so,

So, who's laughing at Green Bay now? Vikes COVID shit show with Dark Ages Cousins leading the helm has all the makings of a dumpster fire.