Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp Notes, Videos, And Tweets
23m
5)
Potential rookie revelation: RB Kene Nwangwu. The staff's been
impressed with how fast he plays, and he could be a nice relief pitcher
for Dalvin Cook. Interestingly, he only rushed for 339 yards last year
at Iowa State, playing behind All-American Breece Hall.
I really am a fan of this young man, he was also in the same recruit class,2016, as David Montgomery, redshirt med his soph year, 2018 played behind Montgomery, then 2019 & 2020 Breece Hall.  He's just a flatline stonecold player, never really got much time at RB, but they did put the ball in his hands in some key situations and he produced.  As returner he kept the Clone's in close games and turned a couple around, always plays hungry.  And he is a good guy, engineer what more could you want. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
23m
5)
I really am a fan of this young man, he was also in the same recruit class,2016, as David Montgomery, redshirt med his soph year, 2018 played behind Montgomery, then 2019 & 2020 Breece Hall.  He's just a flatline stonecold player, never really got much time at RB, but they did put the ball in his hands in some key situations and he produced.  As returner he kept the Clone's in close games and turned a couple around, always plays hungry.  And he is a good guy, engineer what more could you want. 
His RAS is damn near double of Mattison. Wearing that #26, he'll draw some comps to Robert Smith.

Wonder if he knows when to stay in bounds?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That's the lamest Okie drill I've ever seen. 
Agreed.  what is with the jump by the ball carrier?  Looks like terrible form, just lame and why?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@BigAl99 said:
23m
5)
His RAS is damn near double of Mattison. Wearing that #26, he'll draw some comps to Robert Smith.

Wonder if he knows when to stay in bounds?

RAS is an interesting metric, thanks

[Image: VQWcT2t4_bigger.jpg]
Mike Zimmer joked that he’s usually not in such a good mood after the start of training camp but he was really pleased with Day 1. Said there’s just a different vibe this year. “I think it’s just having good players.”

Same.

Patrick Peterson w/ high praise for Justin Jefferson: "He runs his routes like a savvy vet. He makes everything look the same. Most young guys can't do that. I don't know if it's coming from LSU, being coached the right way, but he's a guy like when I first got here, he's a pro."
[Image: hJHj_vwK_bigger.jpg]
Peterson, who has known Jefferson since he was a pre-teen b/c he played w/ his older brother, Jordan, at LSU, said he had high expectations for Justin early on.

"When you have a guy that comes into the league at that age and gets it right away, he's going to be very special."

I asked Mike Zimmer how Justin Jefferson will defy any sort of regression/soph slump/etc. that you'd naturally expect most players to encounter - even minimally - after such an epic rookie season. Zimmer noted Jefferson's confidence/mentality as being the key thru that.

[Image: lg9yphpxb8nm.png]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: VQWcT2t4_bigger.jpg]
Mike Zimmer joked that he’s usually not in such a good mood after the start of training camp but he was really pleased with Day 1. Said there’s just a different vibe this year. “I think it’s just having good players.”

Same.
He is much happier than last year. It's a good sign! Hope it lasts.

Get yours now:  B) 

[Image: anzdt0137z80.png]

https://breakingt.com/products/meaty-boys?rfsn=810678.d65b5a

I’m a meaty boy too…! 
Wink