Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bust
#Vikings rookie LT Christian Darrisaw is already getting rave reviews from his veteran teammates

#SKOL

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 7oZ37O3q_bigger.jpg]
It’s hard not to notice Patrick Jones II’s motor at #Vikings OTA’s.

He’s first in line for every drill & he treats every single rep like it’s a game. Great qualities to have a long career in this league.
Now tell us how he's performing in said drills.  First in line means jack if you're flat on your back afterwards.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: cOLMVY8I_bigger.png]
A few depth chart notes after #Vikings practice today:

-T Blake Brandel filled in with the 2s for Christian Darrisaw (groin)
-Cameron Smith remained with the 1s at LB
-Patrick Jones and Hercules Mata'afa shared DE reps with the 2s
-Wyatt Davis took double reps at RG w/ 2s & 3s

I bit my tongue, and waited a year.

Brandel needed a year in the incubator.
\

Having watched him since a Freshman in HS in 2011,   I'm probably biased, but I see him as a Viking for several years.

Hopefully the Vikings can get him on the practice squad again, because he's going to have a hard time cracking the 53, with Hill and Udoh behind Darrisaw and O'Neill. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Sean Borman
@SeanBormanNFL
· 3h
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Irv Smith Jr.‘s expected role:

“Honestly I don’t think it’s a bigger role for him whatsoever - I think it’s a bigger role for Tyler Conklin. He’s kind of emerged as a guy moving upward.. We’re excited about these 2 young tight ends that we have.”
It will be interesting to see how these young TEs produce.  Irv actually already took over as the TE1 last year...  he had more catches and targets than Rudolph and had 5 TDs to Rudy's 1...  maybe Rudy's smaller target share goes to Conklin instead? I really liked Conklin coming out of college and he was great in Aquaman...  Cousins might have two young athletic TEs at his disposal this year.
kubiak (or Zimmer i forget)  was actually asked a question about Irvs growth and they said he was already there,  but then talked about Conklin really stepping up and then raved a bit about Davison in a radio interview I caught parts of the other day.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Sean Borman
@SeanBormanNFL
· 3h

“Honestly I don’t think it’s a bigger role for him whatsoever - I think it’s a bigger role for Tyler Conklin. He’s kind of emerged as a guy moving upward.. We’re excited about these 2 young tight ends that we have.”
It will be interesting to see how these young TEs produce.  Irv actually already took over as the TE1 last year...  he had more catches and targets than Rudolph and had 5 TDs to Rudy's 1...  maybe Rudy's smaller target share goes to Conklin instead? I really liked Conklin coming out of college and he was great in Aquaman...  Cousins might have two young athletic TEs at his disposal this year.
kubiak (or Zimmer i forget)  was actually asked a question about Irvs growth and they said he was already there,  but then talked about Conklin really stepping up and then raved a bit about Davison in a radio interview I caught parts of the other day.
Davison is very intriguing but he's extremely raw. He's really still learning the position. The kid is 6'7" and can move, however. I'd love to see how he looks in two years. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Sean Borman
@SeanBormanNFL
· 3h

Davison is very intriguing but he's extremely raw. He's really still learning the position. The kid is 6'7" and can move, however. I'd love to see how he looks in two years. 
Lots of players fall through the cracks,  come from small high schools that don't get the press so colleges don't see them,  play on poorly coached small colleges and thus they never really get the exposure to the pro scouts,   but with a little polish their true potential starts to show.  A year or two of pro instruction can really reveal some gems if teams take the time and get lucky. 

I still think the NFL needs a developmental league of its own, most college programs are about winning now and does little to prepare most players for the NFL game IMO.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Christian Darrisaw will sit out today’s OTA work due to groin discomfort #Vikings
Bust! I knew he didn't stand a chance when they threw the Kahlil curse on him. " He allowed no sacks last year."

It's 2 months later and he's still not practicing! What the hell is going on with this guy? 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
It's 2 months later and he's still not practicing! What the hell is going on with this guy? 

He had surgery to repair a core muscle injury back in January…

Quote: @Kentis said:
@jargomcfargo said:

He had surgery to repair a core muscle injury back in January…
Must have missed that. That's a huge relief. We need him.