Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-A-Ron latest
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
That's crazy...How do you turn down that kinda $ and security.
If you don't want to play for the Packers and the GM you can't stand. I think Rodgers mind is made up. He may play this year, and probably will, but that's it. He wants out after the season. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
If you don't want to play for the Packers and the GM you can't stand. I think Rodgers mind is made up. He may play this year, and probably will, but that's it. He wants out after the season. 
They've been to the last 2 CG's right?

Not even the Packers have a big enough horse-shoe up their aszes to make 3 in a row...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Not even the Packers have a big enough horse-shoe up their aszes to make 3 in a row...
Hmmm. Not sure about that. The Packers have talent outside of Rodgers. And I know we have some optimism for the Vikings this season, but the new parts need to fit immediately. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...10873?s=20
This is what I've been trying to tell everyone since this broke...  Rodgers feels betrayed.  It wasn't ever about money...  it was all right there in the Kenny Mayne interview.  He doesn't have a problem with Jordan Love the person, but he is ticked off that the Packers dictated the timeline of his career by trading up to take Love (his replacement).  Rodgers must have said "we forget that people make an organization" like 20 times in that interview...

IMO, the only way this ends is with Rodgers sitting out all year or getting traded at some point during training camp. Why would he change gears and give them one more season so they can trade him next year? 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
This is what I've been trying to tell everyone since this broke...  Rodgers feels betrayed.  It wasn't ever about money...  it was all right there in the Kenny Mayne interview.  He doesn't have a problem with Jordan Love the person, but he is ticked off that the Packers dictated the timeline of his career by trading up to take Love (his replacement).  Rodgers must have said "we forget that people make an organization" like 20 times in that interview...

IMO, the only way this ends is with Rodgers sitting out all year or getting traded at some point during training camp. Why would he change gears and give them one more season so they can trade him next year? 
It's possible, but I think you're wrong about how it ends. I don't think the Packers are willing to trade him this year and I don't think, at his age, he's willing to sit out a year. I'm betting if there's not already, there will be an agreement that if he plays the season, Packers agree to trade him next year. 

If he's not going to play, why not just say so? You'd think that would force the Packers' hand. All his comments have been ambiguous and noncommittal and his intentions have been expressed by those "close to him." There has been no point at which Rodgers has been quoted as saying something like "I'm not playing for the Packers this year." 

The only thing I know is this is getting fun again!

Quote: @Nichelle said:
The only thing I know is this is getting fun again!
Need a hat that has rodgers with a red line through it and the words, Make Packers Suck Again

@Wetlander said:

It's possible, but I think you're wrong about how it ends. I don't think the Packers are willing to trade him this year and I don't think, at his age, he's willing to sit out a year. I'm betting if there's not already, there will be an agreement that if he plays the season, Packers agree to trade him next year. 

If he's not going to play, why not just say so? You'd think that would force the Packers' hand. All his comments have been ambiguous and noncommittal and his intentions have been expressed by those "close to him." There has been no point at which Rodgers has been quoted as saying something like "I'm not playing for the Packers this year." 
As far as what I've read, a lot of his "close friends" have said THEY think Rodgers and the Packers will work it out, but Rodgers hasn't told them what his plans are.

I think he hasn't come out and said he won't play because he doesn't want to look like the bad guy in all this.  Half he fan base blames him and the other half is blaming the Packers.  If he comes out and says he isn't playing, the whole fan base turns against him and I don't think he wants that.  He very much cares about his public image.

We'll see what happens, but IF it's true that this isn't a money deal, and it's more about him being upset with the philosophy of the organization and feeling forced out on their terms...  then I don't think he'll play for a season just so the Packers can trade him next year.  The NFL landscape could completely change and I think he wants a fresh start.  I'm sure the Packers would love that, but it doesn't make any sense for Rodgers. There are some attractive teams without an established QB he could walk into and compete right now and the Packers can start their future that they drafted last year.

Quote: @Wetlander said:

i just keep wondering if Kaaron sees the irony in this position.  would he be who is today if he hadnt been taken by the packers and allowed to learn behind one of the all time greats?  and then had his career start when that great player got tired of looking over his shoulder and forced his way out of town?  if the packers were at all convinced that they have anything in love I think we would see this settled the same way,  IMO they dont trust Love,  but arent willing to let the world know that just yet and thats why they are unwilling to let rogers force his way out.