Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coke Induced Diatribe That Makes Sense

Teams with at least 85 percent of their players vaccinated are going to be at a competitive advantage this season because they’ll have fewer restrictions on team meetings and practices, and Irvin blasted the Cowboys for being among the teams that aren’t meeting that threshold.
85%??!! That seems awfully low. That means on a 90-man roster, there will be roughly 13 unvaccinated players. And since I can't fathom a young player on the bubble risking his future by not getting vaccinated, that means most of those players will be veterans. And this is the high mark? Teams who reach this threshold will have a competitive advantage? Oy veh. 

C'mon Vikings, lets start out this promising year by winning this one. Shouldn't be that hard. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Teams with at least 85 percent of their players vaccinated are going to be at a competitive advantage this season because they’ll have fewer restrictions on team meetings and practices, and Irvin blasted the Cowboys for being among the teams that aren’t meeting that threshold.
85%??!! That seems awfully low. That means on a 90-man roster, there will be roughly 13 unvaccinated players. And since I can't fathom a young player on the bubble risking his future by not getting vaccinated, that means most of those players will be veterans. And this is the high mark? Teams who reach this threshold will have a competitive advantage? Oy veh. 

C'mon Vikings, lets start out this promising year by winning this one. Shouldn't be that hard. 

I'd wager some $$ its just the opposite. You're giving young players far too much credit. 

Have you seen the stats on who's not vaxed yet? Whose in hospitals with Delta variant?

Its the younger, it's has a clear political bias and 4 SE states account for 40% of COVID increases. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

I'd wager some $$ its just the opposite. You're giving young players far too much credit. 

Have you seen the stats on who's not vaxed yet? Whose in hospitals with Delta variant?

Its the younger, it's has a clear political bias and 4 SE states account for 40% of COVID increases. 

Maybe you're right. But veterans have some pull. Teams aren't going to simply release them. But some young player on or near the bubble? It's like, dude you're barely on this team and you refuse to get vaccinated? Bye. 

I think that's right too MB...Of course a team wont ever admit they released just due to that, but (as others pointed out earlier) it  could very well be a deciding factor on bubble players.

What are the odds a player this training camp season files a suit they were released due to vax status? 

What are the odds a player this training camp season files a suit they were released due to vax status? 
Probably, but I don't see a case. I don't see it as any different than refusing to take a physical, refusing to workout, etc. It's a free country; you can do whatever you want, but you have to know the consequences of that. 

I think that's right too MB...Of course a team wont ever admit they released just due to that, but (as others pointed out earlier) it  could very well be a deciding factor on bubble players.

No team is going to cut a talented player and If they are that close to the cut list...they have no case to begin with...sour grapes at that point IMO

How many college or pro players wound up hospitalized due to COVID this past year prior to the vaccine?