Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing defensive stat
Case ran out of horseshoes up his asz...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Case ran out of horseshoes up his asz...
pretty much.  That INT in the second half of the Saints game that got them back in it and then the INT against Philly was vintage Case.

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Defense is Zimmer's calling card no doubt...I root for the guy. He's old school. 

They brought him in here with Rogers in the Division, Stafford too. 

Vikings have had some good D's since then. But it's a what have you done for me lately league (and world) - and he hasn't had any more luck in CG's than all his predecessors since Grant. 

I wont bring up his record vs Nagy and LaFleur again. 

Mike is on the hot seat, win now. Or he's on his last contract with this team. Heck, with his age, it might be his last either way. 
Agree with your take.

I'll add that in many of the Big games our D doesn't look dominant despite season long stat trends.

I literally fell off the Zimmer life-long contract train when we were derailed in Philly.  Total embarrassment.

Of course it is a team game - Off, Def, ST and Coaching.  Boy was our D and Coaching destroyed in Philly. 

Now it looks as though our Offense is at least up to par with what should be a very good bounce back Defense.

Hopefully ST's are brought up to overall average/Top 12-15. 

So this might be the most balanced team we have had under Zimmer..at least hopefully.

But if this season is a dud with a first round playoff loss I am all for moving on from Zimmer.

Not Spelly.  I think he is a TOP GM.  I don't think they are tied together.  

If you remember, our D shut down philly on the first drive.  It was another stupid turnover by the offense that got Philly back in the game and swung momentum.  I think it was a pick 6 that tied the game at 7.  Then our offense mounted another long drive and fumbled in the red zone.  The offense folded after that, Philly's D and the crowd were going crazy.  

Then Philly got aggressive on O and pulled out some changes they had worked on in their bye week.  Their offense with Foles was basically all short RPO stuff so based on that our D was playing tight coverage.  But they took some shots and burned our DBs on double moves, something they hadn't done with Foles.  Yeah it exposed our D, but not because the plan was bad, but because our D was trying to shut down their offense as our offense had already quit.  I remember 2 double moves that broke the back. One was against Newman who was playing outside cuz someone else was hurt (I think)

Once the offense went flat and the Philly O got aggressive, the rout was on.  The emotions of the previous week worked against us.
Do not watch the highlights of this game because you will see that the fumble in the red zone was Case cocking back to throw to a wide open Rudolph in a post corner route to the end zone.  Case gets that ball off, we score again.  maybe the game would have been different

Quote: @Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Defense is Zimmer's calling card no doubt...I root for the guy. He's old school. 

Vikings have had some good D's since then. But it's a what have you done for me lately league (and world) - and he hasn't had any more luck in CG's than all his predecessors since Grant. 

Mike is on the hot seat, win now. Or he's on his last contract with this team. Heck, with his age, it might be his last either way. 
Agree with your take.

I'll add that in many of the Big games our D doesn't look dominant despite season long stat trends.

I literally fell off the Zimmer life-long contract train when we were derailed in Philly.  Total embarrassment.

Of course it is a team game - Off, Def, ST and Coaching.  Boy was our D and Coaching destroyed in Philly. 

Now it looks as though our Offense is at least up to par with what should be a very good bounce back Defense.

So this might be the most balanced team we have had under Zimmer..at least hopefully.

But if this season is a dud with a first round playoff loss I am all for moving on from Zimmer.

If you remember, our D shut down philly on the first drive.  It was another stupid turnover by the offense that got Philly back in the game and swung momentum.  I think it was a pick 6 that tied the game at 7.  Then our offense mounted another long drive and fumbled in the red zone.  The offense folded after that, Philly's D and the crowd were going crazy.  

Then Philly got aggressive on O and pulled out some changes they had worked on in their bye week.  Their offense with Foles was basically all short RPO stuff so based on that our D was playing tight coverage.  But they took some shots and burned our DBs on double moves, something they hadn't done with Foles.  Yeah it exposed our D, but not because the plan was bad, but because our D was trying to shut down their offense as our offense had already quit.  I remember 2 double moves that broke the back. One was against Newman who was playing outside cuz someone else was hurt (I think)

Once the offense went flat and the Philly O got aggressive, the rout was on.  The emotions of the previous week worked against us.
Do not watch the highlights of this game because you will see that the fumble in the red zone was Case cocking back to throw to a wide open Rudolph in a post corner route to the end zone.  Case gets that ball off, we score again.  maybe the game would have been different
I think that would have tied it at 14.  We would have taken their shot and rallied, I think the confidence would  have definitely been on our side.  But alas.

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Agree with your take.

Unfortunately I remember the arse whooping in person.  It's a team game as you can point to any one unit.  But our Defense let us down big time (which was the stronger of the two units) and we were really outcoached across the board.

This looks to be the most balanced (at least Off/Def) team we will have under Zimmer.  I think he needs to get us to the playoffs and win at least one game.  That is my standard at least.