Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierce Injures Baby Cow
[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings DT Michael Pierce suffered a calf injury while training and his availability for the start of camp is in doubt, source said. While he could end up missing time to begin camp, it’s not expected to keep him off the field to begin the season.

Of course...

And this is the kinda of stuff where you go all those new names on paper look mighty impressive, but yah gotta hope potential translates to reality. 

I suppose that's the case every year, but this year is especially the case with the Vikings on D and SO MANY new potential starters.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Of course...

And this is the kinda of stuff where you go all those new names on paper look mighty impressive, but yah gotta hope potential translates to reality. 

I suppose that's the case every year, but this year is especially the case with the Vikings on D and SO MANY new potential starters.
Working out the communication issues is what camp is for,  they do so little in the preseason games those camp reps are going to be huge for all the new penciled in starters to get up to speed for week 1.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Of course...

It's a good thing we have depth. Season starts tomorrow Tomlinson plays NT and Richardson 3T, which, while not ideal, is still leagues better than what we trotted out last year. Like all teams, we're going to have our share of injuries. Just hoping and praying we don't suffer any season-enders. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Of course...

It's a good thing we have depth. Season starts tomorrow Tomlinson plays NT and Richardson 3T, which, while not ideal, is still leagues better than what we trotted out last year. Like all teams, we're going to have our share of injuries. Just hoping and praying we don't suffer any season-enders. 
Not great, but of all the positions, I imagine NT is the one that requires the least amount of communication.  

I do worry about him, very big guy, has struggled with weight, took last year off.  He is the piece that concerns me most, but as you say, Tomlinson is a great insurance package for him as well as a good partner if Pierce is healthy.