Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best WR duo since the 90s
I think this is a horse race between Moss/Carter and Rice/Owens. Seems silly to me that Driver/Jennings is part of this. But speaking of which...I'd like to call for the end of the phrase "....and it's not even particularly close" or "...and it's not even up for debate" after stating your opinion about a question that is very clearly both close and a debate.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1415808459900166145?s=20

Those are some damn fine duo's....

But as one of the many replies to the tweet aptly pointed-out, there's only 1 of the duo's with 2 of the top 3 receivers of all time in it. 

Kool aid glasses off? Its between Vikings and Niners for me, followed by...probably greatest show on turf guys. 

Take a moment to think about the QBs feeding those duos. 

Once you take that into consideration, and it's not something something something debate...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Take a moment to think about the QBs feeding those duos. 

Once you take that into consideration, and it's not something something something debate...
You beat me to it, Barr. How awesome it could have been to have had Moss and Carter in 2009…

How old was Rice when Owens was with him?  Owens was a big dominant WR that could have been one of the best ever, but his head got in the way.

Moss just skews that debate, he was so gifted at so many things.  Rice didn't have the speed.  Moss had speed, determination, hands, size, leaping ability.  Rice was better at route running, but I have no idea if Moss was any good at that because he dominated in so many other ways.

Quote: @greediron said:
How old was Rice when Owens was with him?  Owens was a big dominant WR that could have been one of the best ever, but his head got in the way.

Moss just skews that debate, he was so gifted at so many things.  Rice didn't have the speed.  Moss had speed, determination, hands, size, leaping ability.  Rice was better at route running, but I have no idea if Moss was any good at that because he dominated in so many other ways.

Gotta give the nod to Rice and TO.  Those couple years of Carter and Moss sure were special though!!!