Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still don't get the Cousins hate....
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
uhm.... WTF is that and please dont ever post something like that again without a warning ... 
LOFL!

Sorry, I rarely have audio on.

I hate Cousins!

Sorry, just trying to get this one back on track after listening to that crap.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
I hate Cousins!

The funny thing is...  there are maybe 2-3 posters here that strongly dislike him.  The rest of the "haters" seem to realize that Cousins is a good starting QB with some limitations that keep him from getting to that next tier of being considered "elite".

We can post all the stats we want to point out Kirk's flaws AND best qualities...  but it's not wrong for fans to expect more from the position...  whether that is Kirk or a potential rookie replacement.  We can't just excuse away his poor play and blame it on some other aspect of the team.

I'd honestly rather see Kirk take the next step and be the guy we thought we were getting in 2018 than start over with a rookie.  After three years, my optimism that it will happen becomes less and less...  hence my openness to the Vikings exploring all options at QB.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I hate Cousins!

The funny thing is...  there are maybe 2-3 posters here that strongly dislike him.  The rest of the "haters" seem to realize that Cousins is a good starting QB with some limitations that keep him from getting to that next tier of being considered "elite".

We can post all the stats we want to point out Kirk's flaws AND best qualities...  but it's not wrong for fans to expect more from the position...  whether that is Kirk or a potential rookie replacement.  We can't just excuse away his poor play and blame it on some other aspect of the team.

I'd honestly rather see Kirk take the next step and be the guy we thought we were getting in 2018 than start over with a rookie.  After three years, my optimism that it will happen becomes less and less...  hence my openness to the Vikings exploring all options at QB.
My sentiments exactly. I like Cousins, and I hope he does well (the better he plays, the better this team will be). I'm just not convinced he's the guy to win a SB with. Maybe with the right team around him he can be, but there's going to be times he's going to need to be the man and carry this team on his shoulders. My hope is that he can be that guy, but after three years my confidence is waning.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Some of the haters make it too easy. 

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/140...78534?s=20
Its not even original, just unfunny by BearNation. I think they feel they are going to the Superbowl this year because they drafted Fields. 
If I say that Bears Interception was Thielen's fault am I a Thielen hater?  Or if I say it was a combination of Thielen's bobble and a great defensive play am I a Bears fan?

Saw this earlier, and it gives perspective:

TDs Allowed

2017: 24 (13-3)
2020: 53 (7-9)

TDs Scored:

2017: 41 (13-3)
2020: 55 (7-9)

Not all about Cousins, but a stark reminder that the offense's skill positions were nothing like the team's biggest problems last season.

I'm still trying to figure out if this "Cousins hate"  even exists (on this blog) or is it a strawman argument?   This thread seems like a huge a circle jerk....not that I am opposed to circle jerks?  Oh yes I am opposed Smile