Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Question Mark This Year?
Quote: @comet52 said:
Darrisaw's groin.  Post surgical issues 6 months after surgery is a red flag, per a former NFL guy.  Could be another Spelly 1st round flop.
Its already been explained as a recovery soreness not a new injury.  Supposed to be normal and nothing to worry about.  Something about stretching out the scar tissue from the surgical procedure. 

I hate to even say the k word but... kicker.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Darrisaw's groin.  Post surgical issues 6 months after surgery is a red flag, per a former NFL guy.  Could be another Spelly 1st round flop.
Maybe we could hold off on the bust label until we get to the first padded practice?

the number one issue for me continues to be Oline.  Zimmer has had one year of competant Oline play in 2017.  Other than that it has been a huge problem.  we have had great defensive play at all positons in his coaching tenure.  Until he can field a consistant Oline that is the biggest issue for me.

I agree with pass rush. Without a pass rush all these CB's acquired won't matter so much.

Number two for me is the interior O-line. Will Bradbury be strong enough to not be pushed backwards into Cousins lap. Cousins isn't very mobile. One weak spot in the middle of the O-line can present a problem.

Number three concern is health. The depth at some positions could be a significant step down; although I believe it has improved overall this year.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
the number one issue for me continues to be Oline.  Zimmer has had one year of competant Oline play in 2017.  Other than that it has been a huge problem.  we have had great defensive play at all positons in his coaching tenure.  Until he can field a consistant Oline that is the biggest issue for me.
Yeah, I would agree about that one year of competence in 2017, but I suspect they looked better than they really were because of Keenum's mobility and pretty good backs. I'd take this line over that one any day. 

That line was Reiff, Easton, Elflein, Berger and Remmers. A 3rd round draft choice, two mid-tier free agents, a 6th round trade and an aging 6th round journeyman on his 5th team. 

In four years, that line has been completely rebuilt with high draft picks. It projects to be Darrisaw, Cleveland, Bradbury, Davis and O'Neill. Two 1sts, two 2nds and a 3rd. They might need time to gel, but the pieces are in place to have a very good line for several years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'll add one more: Young Kubiak has to prove capable of running this offense and calling plays. 
This is my biggest concern as well. Even Stefanski took some time to get comfortable calling plays when
he took over that responsibility. We will need our defense to be very stout at the beginning of the season
while he learns on the job. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'll add one more: Young Kubiak has to prove capable of running this offense and calling plays. 
I can certainly see a few "Ah F*ck it, just give it to Dalvin" play calls haha

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I can certainly see a few "Ah F*ck it, just give it to Dalvin" play calls haha
its the "just chuck it up there dawg" way of handling play calling for now.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@comet52 said:
Maybe we could hold off on the bust label until we get to the first padded practice?
What fun is that?!   

Besides, I didn't say bust, I said flop.  :p