Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Question Mark This Year?
Gotta be pass-rush...

Wouldn't you agree? I'm not convinced those 2 big DT's are going to excel at it or not? Then there is the elephant in the room name Danielle. 

I mean if Darrisaw is even serviceable as a rook, it's not even close imo between that and OL.

Outside of Kendricks, I'm still concerned about the LB play

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Outside of Kendricks, I'm still concerned about the LB play
but that rolls back to DL,  if those 2 DTs do their job, you dont need all pros at LB to handle the run game,  and to get home on blitzs.

DEs (because of Hunter) and LT and LG. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Gotta be pass-rush...

Wouldn't you agree? I'm not convinced those 2 big DT's are going to excel at it or not? Then there is the elephant in the room name Danielle. 

I mean if Darrisaw is even serviceable as a rook, it's not even close imo between that and OL.
Well Zim and Patterson seem to think that in this defense the DTs' #1 job is stopping the run and they generate their pass rush on the outside, by moving edges inside on passing downs, and via the handy dandy AA gap blitz. So we'll see. 

I think the defense returns to top 10. So the biggest concern for me is those two rookies on the OL. I know the offense will be pretty good regardless, but to me those two rooks will spell the difference between this team being just "good" and being "great."

Well, the CBA pretty much takes away an extended holdout. As far as DE opposite of Hunter, I think we probably see Weatherly, with the young pups rotating in.

Honestly, I'm feeling pretty confident about this team. WW 2.0, no relation, will make it difficult to run, we have our best set of CBs, on paper, since the 70s, and a bunch of skill players on O. 

Zims coaching. 

I'll add one more: Young Kubiak has to prove capable of running this offense and calling plays. 

My guess is  Zimmer is gonna sellout and use 2 NT's  to control the Run game at the LOS and force teams to be 1 dimensional

Offensive Coordinators won't have an answer for how Zimmer  uses Peterson and Smith.

Darrisaw's groin.  Post surgical issues 6 months after surgery is a red flag, per a former NFL guy.  Could be another Spelly 1st round flop.