Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans were planning on taking Mond at #67
Saw this on a Vikings account on Instagram. Apparently the source was Mond's dad, who said the Texans were on the phone with his son's agent saying as much.

Not surprised. I think as some have stated here, all those games that Mond played in college and how he kept getting incrementally better was attractive. 

Should we feel lucky?

Hell I've been telling people that since draft night.  Did anyone really believe Houston was happy to get 11-start wonder Davis Mills instead of 4-year Texas A&M starter Mond?  One of those "Duh" moments that didn't need actual confirmation to figure out.  And if they didn't take Mills, the next QB down the draft for them would have been Ian Book.  Good luck with that.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Hell I've been telling people that since draft night.  Did anyone really believe Houston was happy to get 11-start wonder Davis Mills instead of 4-year Texas A&M starter Mond?  One of those "Duh" moments that didn't need actual confirmation to figure out.  And if they didn't take Mills, the next QB down the draft for them would have been Ian Book.  Good luck with that.
I said it right before the pick that we better take Mond here or the Texans will.  And sure enough they grabbed Mills I suspected they wanted a QB because of Watsons issues.  Mond is lucky we took him and he will have at least one or two years to develop barring injury to Kirk.  The Texans are a trainwreck and the possibility of a rookie QB getting thrown to the wolves in Houston are very high.

I loved  the way the draft fell and Mond is a low risk high reward pick in the third round.  Want to see him starting in two years if he pans out.  

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
@RS Express said:
I said it right before the pick that we better take Mond here or the Texans will.  And sure enough they grabbed Mills I suspected they wanted a QB because of Watsons issues.  Mond is lucky we took him and he will have at least one or two years to develop barring injury to Kirk.  The Texans are a trainwreck and the possibility of a rookie QB getting thrown to the wolves in Houston are very high.

I loved  the way the draft fell and Mond is a low risk high reward pick in the third round.  Want to see him starting in two years if he pans out.  
I too would like to see us get cheaper at the position but only of its for an equal or better option.  Honestly I would love to see Kirk still starting in 2 years as that would likely mean the team has had considerable success, like back to back world champions!

We could offer them Mond in trade for Watson straight up....

Don't look now, but Mills is the second best rookie QB. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Don't look now, but Mills is the second best rookie QB. 
He's getting some playing time and improving.