Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports predicts our offense to be "average".
Give The Capt'n a pocket like this and watch what happens..

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@nawlinsvike said:
Our OL can't get any worse than it was last season.  Bradbury sucked.  Hoping putting a big mule next to him in Davis will help him out.
My prediction is Davis and Darrisaw are starters vs Bengals.  
The good thing is rookie O-linemen start every year in the NFL and a team is usually able to fade that position better for rookie starters than others. You will see missed assignments sometimes for sure but the team is beefier now. I hope that Darrisaw and Davis can start Game 1. 
Not like there weren't missed assignments last year.

I think it logical Reiff would be better than the rookie Darrisaw at the beginning of the season.  We shall see how long it takes Darrisaw to get up to speed at a premier position.  Davis/Cole are certainly an upgrade over what we had last year at guard.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@nawlinsvike said:
Our OL can't get any worse than it was last season.  Bradbury sucked.  Hoping putting a big mule next to him in Davis will help him out.
My prediction is Davis and Darrisaw are starters vs Bengals.  
The good thing is rookie O-linemen start every year in the NFL and a team is usually able to fade that position better for rookie starters than others. You will see missed assignments sometimes for sure but the team is beefier now. I hope that Darrisaw and Davis can start Game 1. 
Not like there weren't missed assignments last year.

I think it logical Reiff would be better than the rookie Darrisaw at the beginning of the season.  We shall see how long it takes Darrisaw to get up to speed at a premier position.  Davis/Cole are certainly an upgrade over what we had last year at guard.
Agreed, Reiff had a strong season last year, so it's a lot to ask for Darrisaw to be an upgrade right away. However, Darrisaw should offer improved size and athleticism at LT and if he does struggle, then Hill, Cleveland, and O'Neill are all options that could play at LT. Their guards look to be a lot better on paper and Davis sounds like he is off to a strong start. Even if we get average guard play, then that still takes a lot of pressure off of the line.

A much improved Defense will also help the Offensive.  No way we are middle of the pack on Offensive.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
A much improved Defense will also help the Offensive.  No way we are middle of the pack on Offensive.  
so you are saying a less offensive defense will make our offense more offensive?