DAVIS!!
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
My question is: does Rico know how to coach up pass blocking…?  :o  ’ll give him an incomplete at this point, although I’ll have to dock his grade based on the acquisition & continued employment of Dozier…  Confused 
Jefferson behind Bisi (aka Cris Carter lite per some)
Cleveland behind Samia

Aint just Dennison.
Diggs riding pine for 3 weeks until 2 WR injuries forced Zimmer to play him.

Pretty much anyone with a brain thinks Wyatt Davis should start week 1 over Dozier.  Then there's Zimmer and rookies :#  
It's not Dozier he's competing with. It's more likely Cole. Still, I think the most likely situation is Cleveland at LG, with Cole backing up there and also at center. With Davis starting at RG. But if Davis struggles early, I could see Cole moving there. Samia could also be a factor in his 3rd season. If his light doesn't come on this year, it won't.  
Samia better not be a factor. Same goes for Dozier. If the coaching staff thinks the OL shouldnt be Darrisaw, Cleveland, Bradybury, Davis, and O'Neill then they need to host a press conference for fans to come ask directly wtf they are thinking.
You're making a lot of assumptions that rookies are just going to come in and be great right away. Doesn't always happen.

I've said this about six times now but I'll say it again. When we were shopping for free agent OLs (Fisher, Blythe, Taylor, Lamp, etc, etc) I checked out their PFF grades and nearly all of them graded poorly their first couple years in the NFL. I remember Korey Stringer didn't really get it until about his 4th or 5th season. It just takes time sometimes. 

I think Samia, a 4th rounder going into his 3rd season, has a puncher's chance of competing for a role (pun fully intended). Cole and Hinton will be his biggest competition for a roster spot. Dozier's done in Minnesota. He's a 7 year veteran and, unlike Cole, Hinton and Samia, he has zero upside. 
I am making zero assumptions that the rookies are going to come in and be great. I'm making an assumption that they come in and dont totally suck so much ass that our QB can actually complete a 5 step dropback without having two DL in his face.
And that day, my friend, is a day we will all rejoice. I tend to think we'll be better off starting the aforementioned line simply because while Darrisaw and Davis might actually struggle more early on than would, say, Hill and Cole, this will be a better line in week 18 having put them through their paces. Wait, that's a bye week. Week 19. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
My question is: does Rico know how to coach up pass blocking…?  :o  ’ll give him an incomplete at this point, although I’ll have to dock his grade based on the acquisition & continued employment of Dozier…  Confused 
Cleveland behind Samia

Aint just Dennison.

Pretty much anyone with a brain thinks Wyatt Davis should start week 1 over Dozier.  Then there's Zimmer and rookies :#  
It's not Dozier he's competing with. It's more likely Cole. Still, I think the most likely situation is Cleveland at LG, with Cole backing up there and also at center. With Davis starting at RG. But if Davis struggles early, I could see Cole moving there. Samia could also be a factor in his 3rd season. If his light doesn't come on this year, it won't.  
Samia better not be a factor. Same goes for Dozier. If the coaching staff thinks the OL shouldnt be Darrisaw, Cleveland, Bradybury, Davis, and O'Neill then they need to host a press conference for fans to come ask directly wtf they are thinking.
You're making a lot of assumptions that rookies are just going to come in and be great right away. Doesn't always happen.

I've said this about six times now but I'll say it again. When we were shopping for free agent OLs (Fisher, Blythe, Taylor, Lamp, etc, etc) I checked out their PFF grades and nearly all of them graded poorly their first couple years in the NFL. I remember Korey Stringer didn't really get it until about his 4th or 5th season. It just takes time sometimes. 

I think Samia, a 4th rounder going into his 3rd season, has a puncher's chance of competing for a role (pun fully intended). Cole and Hinton will be his biggest competition for a roster spot. Dozier's done in Minnesota. He's a 7 year veteran and, unlike Cole, Hinton and Samia, he has zero upside. 
I am making zero assumptions that the rookies are going to come in and be great. I'm making an assumption that they come in and dont totally suck so much ass that our QB can actually complete a 5 step dropback without having two DL in his face.
And that day, my friend, is a day we will all rejoice. I tend to think we'll be better off starting the aforementioned line simply because while Darrisaw and Davis might actually struggle more early on than would, say, Hill and Cole, this will be a better line in week 18 having put them through their paces. Wait, that's a bye week. Week 19. 
I am more receptive to seeing Hill and Cole simply because they aren't Dozier or Samia. I suppose my comments are more geared towards Darrisaw/Davis vs. Dozier/Samia as those guys should never see the field for the Vikings ever again. Hill has been fine and I'll admit I don't know much about Cole...but I know he's better than those two wet blankets.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
Cleveland behind Samia

Aint just Dennison.

I am more receptive to seeing Hill and Cole simply because they aren't Dozier or Samia. I suppose my comments are more geared towards Darrisaw/Davis vs. Dozier/Samia as those guys should never see the field for the Vikings ever again. Hill has been fine and I'll admit I don't know much about Cole...but I know he's better than those two wet blankets.
another thing to remember,  it wasnt just the rookies who missed last years offseason work,  it was the 2nd year guys as well and that is when I think we see the biggest improvement out of most guys.  the first year they are finding out what it means to be a pro and are wide eyed and confused,  but after they have been through it all once,  they arent the guys carrying the pads and other shit... they get down to business and for the most part Samia missed out on that so maybe there is hope????

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
Cleveland behind Samia

Aint just Dennison.

another thing to remember,  it wasnt just the rookies who missed last years offseason work,  it was the 2nd year guys as well and that is when I think we see the biggest improvement out of most guys.  the first year they are finding out what it means to be a pro and are wide eyed and confused,  but after they have been through it all once,  they arent the guys carrying the pads and other shit... they get down to business and for the most part Samia missed out on that so maybe there is hope????
You hold too much optimism sir. It's 4PM on a Friday so sure, maybe there is hope for him. Dozier on the other hand has no hope