Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronald Greene - "I'm Scared"
Say his name.

This is sickening, from the act to the cover up. I cannot even bring myself to paste the content. Click through but it is disturbing.

'I'm scared': AP obtains video of deadly arrest of Black man (apnews.com)

I saw that and the footage is absolutely grotesque. The officers were excessive and barbaric. Yes there was a high speed chase. But this was ridiculous. The number of officers should have been able to contain the situation in order to get Ronald back to the station but that was not the plan. This was sport for them. The cover up adds a whole other level of repulsiveness. 

Some asshole ran from cops and went through a busy 4x4 intersection a 1/4 mile from my office and killed a lady and 2 young children.  She left behind an infant and husband because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time trying to take her two older kids to daycare.  I wish the cops had done what was done in that video or worse to the driver in my town.  That same sentiment has been had by people of all political stripes here.  You only see the driver in this video as a victim.  Not someone who was using a deadly weapon against everyone else on the road that night.  

Fuck people who run from cops. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Some asshole ran from cops and went through a busy 4x4 intersection a 1/4 mile from my office and killed a lady and 2 young children.  She left behind an infant and husband because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time trying to take her two older kids to daycare.  I wish the cops had done what was done in that video or worse to the driver in my town.  That same sentiment has been had by people of all political stripes here.  You only see the driver in this video as a victim.  Not someone who was using a deadly weapon against everyone else on the road that night.  

Don't assume to know what my thoughts are if I have not expressed that. I don't only see him as a victim. What he did was wrong. Even he says that when saying I'm sorry as they immediately tasered him as soon as they reached him. 

He should have been arrested, taking into custody and dealt with within the court system. Instead he was tasered multiple times, beaten, choked, dragged across the pavement face down while restrained, etc. He was killed by their hands. I'd conclude that the cops knew this was wrong since they said he died from a car accident even though there were probes from the taser still attached to his back when he arrived at the hospital. I would guess they knew it was wrong since they refused to show the video to the family.

This was wrong. Fuck cops who behave this way.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@AGRforever said:

Don't assume to know what my thoughts are if I have not expressed that. I don't only see him as a victim. What he did was wrong. Even he says that when saying I'm sorry as they immediately tasered him as soon as they reached him. 

He should have been arrested, taking into custody and dealt with within the court system. Instead he was tasered multiple times, beaten, choked, dragged across the pavement face down while restrained, etc. He was killed by their hands. I'd conclude that the cops knew this was wrong since they said he died from a car accident even though there were probes from the taser still attached to his back when he arrived at the hospital. I would guess they knew it was wrong since they refused to show the video to the family.

This was wrong. Fuck cops who behave this way.
Yup, absolutely not even an inclining of sympathy. That bastard that killed the mother here.  I wish the cops would have accidentally discharged their firearms into him several times. 

they are always sorry once they are caught... bad people,  bad cops,  its no different.   bad guy off the streets,   bad cops off the streets. 

not that the dude deserved to die for running from the cops, but this could have very easily have ended the same way as AGRs story did.  all people of all colors, etc need to get back to respecting the uniform,  even if the person wearing it isnt deserving,   cops everywhere are on heightened sense of alert right now and rightfully so,  if they get wound up they will go to far,  most all of us will do things we will regret when the tensions are ratcheted up.  no excuse for them executing this man the way they did,  but I can not completely over look the victims involvement in putting himself in that situation, just like with so many of these tragic stories.

There needs to be more of an emphasis put on a stress test for cops to try and find common signs to help weed out these types that are not able to shut it down when the situation calls for it... I know I would make a terrible cop,  once my juice is flowing it takes quit a bit for me the mellow.  There needs to be something to help identify that in candidates to help department avoid hiring these hot heads.

IMO there also needs to be federal/state/local mandates for technology use and all incidents,  especially those where there is injury or death to the offender,  that video needs to get reviewed by an entity that isnt controlled by the States Attorneys office or any law enforcement agency.   a panel of people that are looking for and recommending action back against the cops who dont follow the laws themselves.   

The police in this country are completely out of control. Thugs with badges. Operating with impunity. None of the officers involved should ever draw a breath outside of a prison ever again. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The police in this country are completely out of control. Thugs with badges. Operating with impunity. None of the officers involved should ever draw a breath outside of a prison ever again. 
you are talking about a very small % of those wearing the badge that are guilty of this kind of conduct.   IIRC you are a cyclist,  I cant begin to tell you how many times I have seen "cyclists" cause or nearly cause accidents because they dont follow the rules of the road,  but I wouldnt think that you are one of those kinds of people simply because you have something in common with them.   its become far to easy and acceptable to paint with a wide brush in this country and IMO its that wide brush that is going to lead to more incidents like this one and not less.   

We have a new generation that are being taught that the police are the bad guy,  that they are there to hurt them... which is only going to lead to more altercations that put the police in a bad situation where things can escalate.

We have a historically dignified profession, and honestly one that should be respected by all,  that has become so vilified that they will not get many decent candidates that want to take the job,  but the uniforms need to be filled and thusly you will end up with poorer candidates filling those LEO jobs and only more incidents like the one above.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
you are talking about a very small % of those wearing the badge that are guilty of this kind of conduct.   IIRC you are a cyclist,  I cant begin to tell you how many times I have seen "cyclists" cause or nearly cause accidents because they dont follow the rules of the road,  but I wouldnt think that you are one of those kinds of people simply because you have something in common with them.   its become far to easy and acceptable to paint with a wide brush in this country and IMO its that wide brush that is going to lead to more incidents like this one and not less.   

We have a new generation that are being taught that the police are the bad guy,  that they are there to hurt them... which is only going to lead to more altercations that put the police in a bad situation where things can escalate.

We have a historically dignified profession, and honestly one that should be respected by all,  that has become so vilified that they will not get many decent candidates that want to take the job,  but the uniforms need to be filled and thusly you will end up with poorer candidates filling those LEO jobs and only more incidents like the one above.
No longer a cyclist, but I tell tell you from 100s of miles per week on a bike over several years, I've seen motorist cause far more issues than anyone I rode with. 

Is the new generation being taught anything or is it that we now have proof of what POC have experienced routinely at the hands of racist ammosexuals? One thing I do appreciate about trump is he emboldened these POS to step out into the light. Easier to hopefully squash under foot.

Maybe we should put LEOs through the same training and under the same scrutiny that other countries do.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

No longer a cyclist, but I tell tell you from 100s of miles per week on a bike over several years, I've seen motorist cause far more issues than anyone I rode with. 

Is the new generation being taught anything or is it that we now have proof of what POC have experienced routinely at the hands of racist ammosexuals? One thing I do appreciate about trump is he emboldened these POS to step out into the light. Easier to hopefully squash under foot.

Maybe we should put LEOs through the same training and under the same scrutiny that other countries do.
well I am sure the numbers of motorists on the road far outweighs the number of cyclists in most all areas (except that cake eater district the Olson lives in B) ),  and maybe its just the ones here in SD,  but I see a lot of them that dont think they ever have  to give the right of way or that traffic control devices dont pertain to them... but thats a different matter.

and yes,  like I said above,  we need some new training techniques to help identify early those that are not mentally fit to wear the badge,  it wont prevent 100% of this activity but it might prevent enough to make a difference for some families.

and with as many POC that have come out in support of the police over the last decade,  and have pointed out the errors of teaching children to fear or not respect LEOs... I tend to listen to that perspective as it goes against the more popular and easy to play "victim" card.    there are no absolutes in any of this,  but I believe that painting the police as whole as the bad guys is not the best direction as far as trying to prevent future incidents like this.