• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Kerrigan?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Chuckf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I'd love to see Kerrigan sign here, it would be a nice FA pickup. Love his attitude and has sack ability. He'll be 33 before the season begins, but on a 1 or 2 year contract, hell yes. Vikes D-line would be fierce. 
He's not what he used to be, but I think in a rotational role, he can give us a lot of pressure off the edge.

Washington switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 last year and in the opener, Kerrigan got two sacks and a fumble recovery, earning him defensive player of the week. He totaled 5.5 sacks in 2020 despite splitting time with Chase Young and Montez Sweat. Lining up as a DE in a 4-3 might be the perfect thing for him at this stage of his career. 

I agree, also some veteran leadership in the defensive line group would also be helpful imo.
We have Hunter, Pierce, and Tomlinson.... how much more veteran leadership do you need?

Kerrigan would be a nice rotational guy,  but honestly I would see Everson coming back to jump offsides on crucial short yardage situations before we bring in a guy green to the scheme.
I don't see Everson at all, to many burnt bridges and disruptions.
I was thinking if they wanted another veteran,  Ev would likely come cheap and knows the system.  I dont see them using any more cap space on DL.  I could see a veteran WR or DB though,  we are still pretty thin at S.
I agree. I also think some of the$ will be used for extensions.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@VikeMike52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Chuckf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I'd love to see Kerrigan sign here, it would be a nice FA pickup. Love his attitude and has sack ability. He'll be 33 before the season begins, but on a 1 or 2 year contract, hell yes. Vikes D-line would be fierce. 
He's not what he used to be, but I think in a rotational role, he can give us a lot of pressure off the edge.

Washington switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 last year and in the opener, Kerrigan got two sacks and a fumble recovery, earning him defensive player of the week. He totaled 5.5 sacks in 2020 despite splitting time with Chase Young and Montez Sweat. Lining up as a DE in a 4-3 might be the perfect thing for him at this stage of his career. 

I agree, also some veteran leadership in the defensive line group would also be helpful imo.
We have Hunter, Pierce, and Tomlinson.... how much more veteran leadership do you need?

Kerrigan would be a nice rotational guy,  but honestly I would see Everson coming back to jump offsides on crucial short yardage situations before we bring in a guy green to the scheme.
I don't see Everson at all, to many burnt bridges and disruptions.
I was thinking if they wanted another veteran,  Ev would likely come cheap and knows the system.  I dont see them using any more cap space on DL.  I could see a veteran WR or DB though,  we are still pretty thin at S.
They aren't bringing Griffen back to Minnesota. He's a much lesser than player now and he's still mentally volatile.