Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shefter says the Vikings Trade Mike Hughes...
to the Chiefs.  No word yet on comp.

Vikings get KC's 6th; KC gets Hughes and Vikings' 7th.  So Hughes isn't even worth a straight 6th?  And what if Gladney gets suspended?

Quote: @dadevike said:
Vikings get KC's 6th; KC gets Hughes and Vikings' 7th.  So Hughes isn't even worth a straight 6th?  And what if Gladney gets suspended?
Have to think Gladney must be in the clear or maybe a minimal suspension. Do we think Zim would short change his favorite position?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@dadevike said:
Have to think Gladney must be in the clear or maybe a minimal suspension. Do we think Zim would short change his favorite position?
That's what I'm hoping for. If Gladney is in the clear, the CB depth chart is pretty good imo.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@dadevike said:
I think it more likely means we're bringing someone in. Can't imagine Gladney will be able to avoid at least a suspension. A 4-6 game suspension is probably best case scenario. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@dadevike said:
I think it more likely means we're bringing someone in. Can't imagine Gladney will be able to avoid at least a suspension. A 4-6 game suspension is probably best case scenario. 
I agree,  IMO you dont even factor Gladney into the coming season until both the courts and the league have spoken.  I find this trade more of an indictment on Hughes play and proneness to injury than to anything else.  I dont see the team wanting to risk any more cap space on a player that cant stay on the field and hasnt really shown much since his rookie year.