Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 2021 Strength of Schedule 5th-Hardest in NFL

This seems fair: Confused

5. Minnesota Vikings (7-9)
Strength of schedule: .531 (144-127-1)
2021 home opponents: Bears, Lions, Packers, Browns, Cowboys, Rams, Steelers, Seahawks
2021 road opponents: Bears, Lions, Packers, Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, Chargers, 49ers
Games against teams with 10-plus wins last season: 7
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
Strength of schedule: .465 (126-145-1)
2021 home opponents: Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bills, Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants
2021 road opponents: Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Colts, Rams, Patriots, Jets, Eagles, Wash. Football Team
Games against teams with 10-plus wins last season: 6

I realize the majority of the schedule is based on a rotation, but seriously WTF…! (Apologies to the WashingtonTeamFootball club) 

Just looking at that schedule I was like WTF? Looks like a playoff team's schedule to me. Not someone on the outside looking in

Well, to be the best....

Not to mention we get stuck with an extra road game as a below .500 team. I didn't get a chance to look at it until tonight. Very daunting. Look how many teams we will face that have Top 10 QB's leading those teams with several others right behind them. It's always hard to predict how teams will do based on last year's record as injuries, free agency, draft, etc. all make an impact but this does not look good for us. We could lose every road game this year and I would not be shocked. I'm thinking 8-9 or 9-8 are realistic possibilities unless our D really returns to form. 

It is what it is. I don't worry about the schedule. Injuries or lack thereof will play a much larger role in the team's success. 

Every team in the NFCN has a tough schedule. My prediction is that 11 wins takes the division & no WC team from the NFCN. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It is what it is. I don't worry about the schedule. Injuries or lack thereof will play a much larger role in the team's success. 
True. What's more, I'd like to see a breakdown of schedule strength based on previous year record vs. one based on what the records ended up being. I'd bet there is always a huge difference. 

At the beginning of last year, for example, you'd probably be happy to see Tampa on your schedule, not so much the 49ers. Reality was the opposite. 

Like H.P. says, it's not who you play. It's when you play them.

I'm just thrilled we don't have to play in Seattle for the 20th straight time or whatever it is. Looking forward to giving Russ fits at home.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Every team in the NFCN has a tough schedule. My prediction is that 11 wins takes the division & no WC team from the NFCN. 
Heck 10-7 might take the division.  A lot depends upon the Rodgers situation.  If he is not a packer then I really don't see GB winning more than one divisional game.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
I'm just thrilled we don't have to play in Seattle for the 20th straight time or whatever it is. Looking forward to giving Russ fits at home.
No DOUBT!  The Seahawks haven't played in Minnesota since when?  2015 regular season?  We have played them the last three seasons up there.  In their total history since 1976 they played in Minnesota 7 times, Seattle 11 times.