Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Bowles
Erin Henderson comments on Todd Bowles-

[Image: TywXPf0N_normal.jpg]
Erin Henderson
@that1guyerin
· 2h
I've been known to go on a good Twitter rant or 2 in my day but I will burn this App down if the Vikes hire Bowles

I do not want Bowles either

If Peterson does not skedaddle, the 31-year-old has thoughts on the Vikings upcoming search for a new skipper. Peterson hosts a podcast called All Things Covered and said this as an endorsement:
“I would love to see Lefty [Byron Leftwich] get a good coaching opportunity. If they want to go defense again, I would love to see coach [Todd] Bowles,” said Peterson. “With the history of Minnesota, they always tend to pick defensive-minded coaches. If they want to go that route, I think Bowles would be a great pick—just not only what he was able to do over the last two seasons but his resume as far as defense in general. It speaks very highly. …I know they have Doug Pederson on the lookout. I think he’ll be a good head coach as well.”
As of Saturday, January 15th, the Vikings will indeed chat with Bowles about the head coaching vacancy. It remains to be seen if Leftwich will get an audition.

Don't find the attraction to Pederson.  He wears a visor which should disqualify him at least.  Todd Bowles YAWN

They always tend to pick defensive HCs.  Not that the past matters since its really only about the current ownership group,  but they are 50 50 with Childress and Zimmer,  I dont really count Frasier and he wasn't really selected as much as he inherited the job.  Prior to that though there was Tice, Green, Burns,  kinda hard to say the team has a defensive tendency when selecting a HC. 

Highest blitz %. After watching Goff sit back to lead that GWD as Zim sat back playing Charmin soft prevent is something I never want to see again.

Top 10 D 6 times

Bottom 4 D 4 times

Feast or famine 

I like Leftwich over Bowles by a mile. Not even a question for me who the better candidate is. I am biased to Leftwich though as I liked his toughness and competitive drive as a player.

I get the Belichick thing..but I'd just be so reluctant to hire guys who have been proven failures already like Bowles, Frazier, etc. Some guys are just really good at being a coordinator and need to stay in that lane. Pederson is different as he at least won a Super Bowl. I would say out of the names mentioned if we were going the retread route he'd be the only guy I'd want 

I still want an offensive minded Head Coach with his own system. As long as they are in that job, the system stays in tact and is consistent from year to year. Good OC's will always be a top target to be poached by other teams for their HC openings. I think it's far easier to find a replacement for a DC that leaves. You have your pick every year from all the failed Defensive Coordinators who couldn't cut it as a Head Coach to pick from.