Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor, Vikings to tank 2022
In 2008, Tampa Bay fired Gruden and Bruce Allen. The real reason was that the Glazer’s had just bought a soccer team and they knew Bucs payroll was going down to account for new purchase. They knew Gruden and Allen wouldn’t jive with that so they promoted Raheem Morris as the cheap substitute to look over the dumpster fire until they got serious about winning again
Rumor about promoting Patterson. If they wind up promoting him, there’s your cheap substitute while they slash payroll for a couple years. This would also coincide with a home game in England in 2022.

If that was their intention, they could have fired Zimmer and Spielman when they were eliminated by the Packers and let Andre run the team as the interim coach. Not happening. When have the Wilfs ever pinched pennies during their ownership?

Unless Patterson is promoted to GM its not happening.  Ownership has stated their intention is to hire a GM and that person will be involved in selecting a head coach.  Rumors are just that, nobody knows what is happening unless they are part of ownership.

I dont see it, nothing to date suggests that the Wilfs are misers.  If anything they would be the type to overspend to get the guy they want IMO.

I see the future… :p
GM (acting): Rob B
Head Coach: Patterson
OC: Kubiak Jr
DC: Adam Zimmer

Lots of savings!

If they intended to tank 2022 they would have kept Zimmer.

lol, ok. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I dont see it, nothing to date suggests that the Wilfs are misers.  If anything they would be the type to overspend to get the guy they want IMO.
Who needs data when you can trot out stereotypes?

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Who needs data when you can trot out stereotypes?
Yep, sensing a theme here.

Soooo, can we suck for the next Luck?  I'm ok with a shitty season if it gets us a franchise QB.  But if we're going to suck, lets do it right.  Suck hardcore.  Get that #1 pick.  Get the best QB in whatever draft we're talking about.