Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish They Would Speed Up The Draft
Best pick: Wyatt Davis, guard, third round
There are some scouts who thought Davis had a chance at being a first-round pick had he declared for the draft a year ago. But Davis returned to Ohio State, and while his 2020 season wasn’t quite as dominant as his incredible 2019 campaign, he played through an injury and still performed well. Coaches and teammates rave about Davis and he’s believed to be ready to compete for an NFL starting job from the get-go. Better yet, the Vikings didn’t have to trade up to get him. Davis was the best player available according to the consensus board when the Vikings were on the clock and he perfectly fits their need at guard. He hasn’t put on pads yet and he’s already the presumptive favorite to win one of the starting guard jobs. Not bad for a third-round pick.
Biggest surprise: Kellen Mond, quarterback, third round
There were some rumblings leading to the draft that for the first time, the Vikings were doing their homework on quarterbacks with the idea that they’d put a plan in place in case Kirk Cousins struggles the next two years. But to nab Mond with the second pick in the third round, making him just the second quarterback taken on Day 2, showed how serious the Vikings are about trying to build that succession plan. Before they addressed guard or defensive end, they went out and took the Day 2 quarterback they think has the best chance to develop into a starter. Mond is far from ready to compete for a starting job. But he’s big, fast and has a massive arm, traits the Vikings think they can build upon.

I'm thinking we should collect some money and send a nice fruit basket to thank Mayock for selecting Leatherwood. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm thinking we should collect some money and send a nice fruit basket to thank Mayock for selecting Leatherwood. 

Got a Raider fan as a friend.  Sent them all kinds of Thank you's already!!   I believe the text was "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" 

Of course I gave them kudos on getting moehrig in the 2nd. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Got a Raider fan as a friend.  Sent them all kinds of Thank you's already!!   I believe the text was "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" 

Of course I gave them kudos on getting moehrig in the 2nd. 
Had they flopped those two picks, that would have made more sense.

He made Sporting News list of worst value picks. Rick did not make the list with any of his selections. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...qlf8wii8xx

https://twitter.com/i/status/1389220572027133953
Ha! Luv that...

As Ive posted elsewhere, MacJones is living a charmed football life. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
He made Sporting News list of worst value picks. Rick did not make the list with any of his selections. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...qlf8wii8xx
This is almost as bad as the Lions moving Sewell to RT.

3rd highest rating for the draft behind 2020 and 2019. Vegas will probably be the newest high water mark.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ha! Luv that...

As Ive posted elsewhere, MacJones is living a charmed football life. 
But it won't be charmed in Chowderland if he doesn't win. Jones will have pressure just like anywhere else and probably a lot less enjoyment playing for Belicheat. I think there's a lot of assumptions here with the media and some fans about how this will eventually turn out.