Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers Future In Jeopardy
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I won't believe any of it until I see Rodgers in another uniform. Its drama, no team will give up for Rodgers what Green Bay would ask for and its in the Packer organization's best interest to keep him, at least for another year. It makes for good media sports talk fodder, but little else IMO.
Yes, it's great clickbait. There was a big drama last year about Rodgers and Lafleur that was somehow resolved--at least on the surface. So maybe this one will, too. But it feels like the Carson Palmer situation all over again.

That said, i think you're wrong about the trade. Packers drafted Jordan Love for a reason. If some team in a win-now mode (like Denver) offered a couple of 1st rounders for a 37 year old QB with a ridiculous contract (and they just might), Packers would jump on it. Better than getting nothing if he retires.
And the $$ he has to pay back, wonder how much that will enter in to it for AR.  JMO it's just Rodgers getting the attention he seems to need, hearing how much everyone wants him.

Wonder what Rodgers' family thinks.

Lolololololololol.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I won't believe any of it until I see Rodgers in another uniform. Its drama, no team will give up for Rodgers what Green Bay would ask for and its in the Packer organization's best interest to keep him, at least for another year. It makes for good media sports talk fodder, but little else IMO.
The thing with Rodgers though...  he's a BIG grudge holder.  Look at his family, turned his back on them...  had enough with McCarthy...  turned his back on him, made public comments that ended up with him getting fired mid-season...  the local talk here is not optimistic he'll be in a Packer uniform this season.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The draft is the ultimate what-if. In 2020, #Packers GM Brian Gutekunst targeted a WR. He tried to trade up for LSU WR Justin Jefferson, only to see MIN take him. He watched the #49ers trade up for ASU WR Brandon Aiyuk - another target. Then GB moved up to select… Jordan Love.

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.
I call BS on this from Rapoport...  so the Packers conveniently wanted to trade up for Jefferson and Aiyuk...  missed out on them...  and decided, f*ck it...  we'll trade up for a QB instead...  I think they put this in Rapoport's ear for damage control now that Rodgers wants out.  They wanted Love all the way...

Well, all you need is Love...to destroy your franchise lololololol

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
The thing with Rodgers though...  he's a BIG grudge holder.  Look at his family, turned his back on them...  had enough with McCarthy...  turned his back on him, made public comments that ended up with him getting fired mid-season...  the local talk here is not optimistic he'll be in a Packer uniform this season.
Exactly! He is definitely the type of player who would make a bad pass or play poorly just to prove a point. The drama is great...especially when it increased over cutting a WR 90% of fans never heard of. Karen Rodgers, by the way, is effin great and made me laugh

I dont know if Rogers will be there in Sept or not?

But I'd bet some serious coin he aint there 2 years from now. 

I still cant believe Denver passed on Fields and Mac Jones for Bridgewater...Maybe connecting dots where there aint any? 

Ok, here's me connecting the dots based on various statements I've read. 
  • Rodgers was told by GM he would be traded in the off-season
  • Rodgers is from Northern California
  • Rodgers acquires Hollywood starlet beard
  • Hollywood starlet beard excited about living near LaLa land
  • 49ers pay a King's ransom to move up to #3
  • 49ers think they have a trade in place to acquire Rodgers
  • GM walks back on promise to trade Rodgers
  • Rodgers freaks out
  • Hollywood starlet beard freaks out
  • Pandemonium ensues 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
Yeah, most players will talk big in the offseason (Favre?) and even miss offseason workouts.  But Rodgers has that next level of passive aggressive grudge holding.  If he digs in, I don't doubt his resolve to spite the team.