Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patterson says STFU
How many of us expected the Vikings to add a pass rushing 3T and were surprised when they went with the bigger, more physical Tomlinson? Yep, about 99% of us. Here's what Andre Patterson wants you to know....
Quote:“It’s so funny how other people tell us what we need and they don’t know what we do,  right? All the time I hear ‘oh, they need a penetrating three-technique.’ Well, we had the No. 1 defense in the league and we didn’t have a penetrating [DT],” Patterson said. “We don’t ask our three-technique to do that. So why would we go out and get something we don’t use? I don’t get that. Obviously, you aren’t watching us play, that’s the way I look at it. We were great when we had two big, physical, strong guys that let them three linebackers run and make plays. That's what we do."

LMAO, love it. The bottom line is overwhelming, fans have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Not all, but MANY. 

exactly. And thats why I think if the OTs are gone, we slide down for a guy like Paye.  A DE who is strong against the run already, plays misdirection very well and serious tools to be a pass rushing stud

Hunter-Tomlinson-Pierce-Paye with Weatherly, Wonnum, Lynch, Watts is a very good DL.  One of the best if not potentially the best stopping the run.  

That styming front allows Zim to dial up those LB and S blitzes which is what makes our defense great

I really love Andre Patterson. 

Might we see Hunter more at RDE this year? 

https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/stat...90464?s=20

Hmmm.. 

The  1 year 9 million dollar rental of Sheldon Richardson makes even less sense to me now.

I just hope that Patterson’s expanding titles & duties don’t take too much away from, you know, coaching up the DL...

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Hmmm.. 

The  1 year 9 million dollar rental of Sheldon Richardson makes even less sense to me now.
Richardson was mostly known for his run defense.

Do we even know what we have in Wonnum yet? Seems he had tons of upside and last year was a mess, so do we really need to spend a 1st rd. pick on Paye who hasn't put up significant numbers in college? As a Michigan fan who has seen him weekly, I know how badly mismanaged the defense has been, and I see the potential in Paye, but I'm not seeing the motor tenacity of a Chase Winovich, and could see Paye being just serviceable.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Do we even know what we have in Wonnum yet? Seems he had tons of upside and last year was a mess, so do we really need to spend a 1st rd. pick on Paye who hasn't put up significant numbers in college? As a Michigan fan who has seen him weekly, I know how badly mismanaged the defense has been, and I see the potential in Paye, but I'm not seeing the motor tenacity of a Chase Winovich, and could see Paye being just serviceable.
We don't really know what we have in Wonnum yet. He looked good last year but not so good you don't consider an upgrade if you can get a blue chip edge in the 1st round.

But here's the way i see it. We don't have even a Wonnum on the OL. Edge would be a lust-worthy pick. Imagine that DL. But I think OL is the wiser move, considering how much we have invested in our QB and RB.