Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Go With Our Second Rounder

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/202...or-round-2

I know. Give it a minute.
I would move up for Levi and Cosmi if we don't go Tackle first.  I think Levi is a perfect 3T for us.  Neither will be available at 78 for sure.  

That is why the best scenario for us is that one of the QB's falls down and we have a team like Washington wanting Lance/Jones.  So go down to 19 and pick up a second rounder to grab Levi or Cosmi, maybe both available at 51.  If so I go Levi.  

At 19 one of the Top Tackles or DE's should be there and that can dictate which direction we go at 51 (from Redskins).

I'm all over Levi. He reminds me of Kevin Williams with most of his measurables.  He is a little smaller and lighter but plays even stronger.  Washington used as a NT a majority of the time and he was even able to beat doubles.  When he was lined up over the Guard (3T) he also looked very good.  I know DL is not a huge need with our two recent Giant additions but I don't think they will be on the field all the time unless playing a run heavy team.  Neither will give us a pass rush to write home about.  Neither is a 3T.  Levi is an rookie starter in a 3T - IMO.  Would love to get him in the second round after T/G. 

Does it seem to others that a lot of the high prospect Tackles will likely be Guards?  Also, doesn't it seem that a good amount of the high prospect DE's will be LB'ers in a 3-4?  Asking others? 

Quote: @minny65 said:
I'm all over Levi. He reminds me of Kevin Williams with most of his measurables.  He is a little smaller and lighter but plays even stronger.  Washington used as a NT a majority of the time and he was even able to beat doubles.  When he was lined up over the Guard (3T) he also looked very good.  I know DL is not a huge need with our two recent Giant additions but I don't think they will be on the field all the time unless playing a run heavy team.  Neither will give us a pass rush to write home about.  Neither is a 3T.  Levi is an rookie starter in a 3T - IMO.  Would love to get him in the second round after T/G. 

Does it seem to others that a lot of the high prospect Tackles will likely be Guards?  Also, doesn't it seem that a good amount of the high prospect DE's will be LB'ers in a 3-4?  Asking others? 
after watching our DT shit show the last few years and what that did to Zims D.... upgrades all around are in order,  I think have a true 3T in the rotation is almost a must against certain opponents as there will be teams that we will want to up the level of athleticism against without having to use our lighter DEs inside.  so hell yeah,  fix OL in the first DL in the second,  and then go LB,S, WR, and dont forget my damn kicker in the 6th.

I'd definitely like to add a rotational 3T to fill the Tom Johnson role, but with Hurst jettisoned from the Raiders, I'm taking a long, hard look there first.

And then staring down Arden Key.

Really looking forward to Mayock returning to NFL Network.

On paper the dolphins are a perfect trade down fit for us with 14 and 78 equaling 18 and 50.  if we are sitting on a WR or DE that could be a great move. in a mock last night i completed this trade, got AVT at 18 and Radunz at 50. since you are now wondering I picked Milton Williams in the 3rd.  B)

lets finally fix this oline so we can hoist 

Quote: @minny65 said:

I have Levi as my top ranked 3T. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:

I have Levi as my top ranked 3T. 
Good to know because I would defer to you and Guru anyway.  But I love Wilson at QB and my second love is Levi as our 3T.  Of course no shot at Wilson but Levi??