Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me pick another NFL team to follow....
After fifty plus years of tragic heartache, figured Id give some thought on A DIFFERENT TEAM I can pull for....

Alright, here we go.....

1. Cant be an AFC team, Im old and still dont recognize the AFL as legitimate football.

2. Cant take any team that has beaten the Vikings in an NFCC.

3.  Cant be the Cowboys or one of those 1970’s expansion teams (Tampa Bay, Seattle)....actually ANY EXPANSION team after the 1970’s.  (Carolina)

4. I cheer for the underdog, so it cant be a team that has won a Superbowl.

5. that leaves me with: Lions, Cardinals, Vikings

6. Tried to get Conrad Doblers autograph as a kid (Cardinals) and he told me to, “F off”

7. Cant be a division rival....no matter how pathetic.....

8.  MUST HAVE a bitchin’ logo, colors & helmet combination 

.....oh......SHIT.

well done

Got to go to the AFCChargers got good color and uniformBills maybeBrowns maybeBengals possiblyTitans used to be the Oilers

So one of them or the CardinalsThose are your only choices.

I watch the Chargers, only because I am a Duck alum and Justin Herbert is really, really good and fun to watch.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
After fifty plus years of tragic heartache, figured Id give some thought on A DIFFERENT TEAM I can pull for....

Alright, here we go.....

1. Cant be an AFC team, Im old and still dont recognize the AFL as legitimate football.

3.  Cant be the Cowboys or one of those 1970’s expansion teams (Tampa Bay, Seattle)....actually ANY EXPANSION team after the 1970’s.  (Carolina)

6. Tried to get Conrad Doblers autograph as a kid (Cardinals) and he told me to, “F off”

.....oh......SHIT.
Oh c'mon what's with the AFL bullcrap?  There hasn't been an AFL since I was 7.   Just put the green on and yell J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

Quote: @comet52 said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Alright, here we go.....

.....oh......SHIT.
Oh c'mon what's with the AFL bullcrap?  There hasn't been an AFL since I was 7.   Just put the green on and yell J E T S Jets Jets Jets!
Id rather have Captain Hook as my proctologist.

If I was a chargers fan, that would DOUBLE their fan base

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
If I was a chargers fan, that would DOUBLE their fan base
Join the club with me, we can triple it!  

Tickets are easy to get  Smile

But seriously Herbert is so fun to watch.  Also they don't have any rivalry connections to Vikes, so it's safe.

I can't pick another NFL team, the Vikings are it for me. But I can pivot to college football (Michigan), I love college basketball (same team) and even to a lesser degree the NHL (my Red Wings finally seem to have a pulse this year with a talented, young roster). And I always root for the USA Men's Soccer team to qualify for the WC. 

Chargers should be moved back to SD and forced into new ownership. Always loved the unis.