Still no luv lost...after all these years
Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzW8gZT2OCKY3eaMDssIK...g&usqp=CAU]

Pretty much sums it up.
was he looking at Childress?
Only when he's in drag...
[Image: 2009-10-30-bradchildressphotos1.jpg]

Sigh. The crazy, sordid history of the Vikings. lol. What a roller coaster ride. Sometimes fun, but always ends with the kid in the seat next to you barfing all over you.

And of course the Vikings hire the one Head coach, who given his record with the purple should have had another head coaching gig right? I mean most of these guys get a few chances it seems. He didn't even get a sniff. (not that I am complaining) It is just so Vikings after all.

Quote: @kmillard said:
And of course the Vikings hire the one Head coach, who given his record with the purple should have had another head coaching gig right? I mean most of these guys get a few chances it seems. He didn't even get a sniff. (not that I am complaining) It is just so Vikings after all.
After Tice and his all over the map direction, I was happy we hired an authoritarian to bring the team back into control.  What sucked was that Childress was a hard ass, but he wasn't good at it.  Most of all tho, he wasn't sincere.  He wet all over himself to bring Favre on and showed how inconsistent he was when it came to the guy he really needed.

That is likely why he didn't get another head coaching job, they authoritarian coaches are not hot commodities anymore and hypocrite authoritarians are really not good hires.

Zimmer is an authoritarian in many senses, but he is sincere and actually cares about the players.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@kmillard said:
After Tice and his all over the map direction, I was happy we hired an authoritarian to bring the team back into control.  What sucked was that Childress was a hard ass, but he wasn't good at it.  Most of all tho, he wasn't sincere.  He wet all over himself to bring Favre on and showed how inconsistent he was when it came to the guy he really needed.

That is likely why he didn't get another head coaching job, they authoritarian coaches are not hot commodities anymore and hypocrite authoritarians are really not good hires.

Zimmer is an authoritarian in many senses, but he is sincere and actually cares about the players.  

How can a guy that looks like "Mr. Noodle" from Elmo, even be CONSIDERED a hard ass?

Zimmer at least looks like he'd take your ass to the woodshed and take a belt to your backside, or slap you upside the head.

He was just pissed chilly wore his dress ----"What the heck, I didn't say he could get into my wardrobe"