Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnold traded to Panthers
For a 6th this year, and 2nd and 4th next year.

So Teddy wasn't the answer?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Well, if the question was can I throw for more than 16TDs is a season...

[Image: veogk2Ap_bigger.jpg]
Love this trade for all 3 parties.

NYJ get a valuable 2nd rd pick in 22 (plus 2 other picks) to build around Zach Wilson.

CAR was in no man’s land for QB in this draft. They get 23 yr old QB with a lot of talent. Now they can grab elite position player at 8

Sam- Fresh start

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
lmao.
Spotrac
@spotrac
· 7m
Teddy Bridgewater has 2 years, $39M remaining on his contract with the #Panthers, including $10M fully guaranteed in 2021.

A post 6/1 release means $15M of dead cap ($8M saved) this year, & another $5M next ($21M cleared).

And....

Andrew Groover
@APGroover
· 4m
Teddy Bridgewater expected to be traded/restructure contract per @RapSheet

If you're Carolina, you obviously have to pick up that 5th year option.

Darnold has more upside but going off actual game film he seems like a marginal upgrade over Teddy.

Ryan Tannehill did spread his wings once he got away from Adam Gase so I get the thought process but it’s still kind of a weird move. To me Darnold feels no “safer” than a rookie QB.

Good move for NYJ.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
lmao.
Well, if the question was can I beat a team with a winning record.....

Good for Sam. Seriously he needed out of New York. I hope it works out for him.

Can Teddy Bridgewater find a team where either the running back (AP '14, McCaffrey '20) or his own knee doesn't blow up on him?  He'll never be an elite QB, but of the 3 seasons he's been the main starter, in 2 of them his star RB's played a total of 4 out of 32 games.  

Sadly I think this is where Teddy gets shuffled off to the land of career backups. 

Great move for the Jets.  Get their QB this year, use the avalanche of picks from Seattle (Jamal Adams trade) and Carolina to get him receivers.  And Carolina gets a 23-year-old with experience without giving up a 1. Now about alllll those turnovers...