Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Reportedly to Announce 17-Game Regular-Season Schedule
More money for the league and possibly more injuries for the players. 

Wish they would start the season a week earlier.

Why the F, not give an extra bye week?

Quote: @kmillard said:
Wish they would start the season a week earlier.
They will. Next year. After they add an 18th regular season game and delete the third preseason game.

It's now official

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports in-person OTAs can begin on April 19."The NFL and NFLPA continue to discuss virtual vs. in-person meetings and on-field work soon thereafter," Pelissero reports. As Pelissero points out, it is possible the league and NFLPA ultimately agree to new COVID rules for the 2021 offseason, but if they don't, the CBA status quo takes the day. We saw a similar dynamic play out in Major League Baseball, where the MLBPA vetoed a later start and the calendar kicked in as normal. Although the pandemic is still roiling in many parts of the country, vaccinations and previous infections are making for fewer places for the virus to spread. The offseason program could still be altered, but it doesn't seem like there is going to be a repeat of 2020 where all in-person activity was scrapped. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
More money for the league and possibly more injuries for the players. 
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Why the F, not give an extra bye week?
making milllions of dollars per year, to play a 4-5 month season, comes with some risks.  unfortunately the ones that will likely suffer the most will not be the positions/players making the most money.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1376978607281733632
I'm gonna go. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I'm gonna go. 
Jelly.

I'm 95% certain I'm going to the Panthers game.