Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami, Other Miami, and North Carolina Pro Days
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Imagine Rousseau along w/ Hunter, Wonnum in a year or so. 
Since Rousseau is so good inside, he might kill two birds--Edge opposite Hunter and 3T on passing downs with Wonnum outside.
Still not seeing the Rousseau love. But do agree he can rush inside, which the Vikings really do prefer. Phillips if health and background check-out is still the best EDGE in the class and can get push inside too. After watching more I think Oweh is a lot more of what fans/draftniks want Rousseau to be. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 325ea6d3b2f3ec5056c01f854f8c5352_bigger.jpeg]
I’m told Phillips had been running 4.4-4.5 all month. Seems legit.
Is he running? Has he run?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 325ea6d3b2f3ec5056c01f854f8c5352_bigger.jpeg]
I’m told Phillips had been running 4.4-4.5 all month. Seems legit.
Is he running? Has he run?
4.46 unofficial

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Since Rousseau is so good inside, he might kill two birds--Edge opposite Hunter and 3T on passing downs with Wonnum outside.
Still not seeing the Rousseau love. But do agree he can rush inside, which the Vikings really do prefer. Phillips if health and background check-out is still the best EDGE in the class and can get push inside too. After watching more I think Oweh is a lot more of what fans/draftniks want Rousseau to be. 
Just curious as to what you aren't seeing. I realize his get off is just run of the mill, but...damn. Saw a highlight of him running down field step for step with a RB on a wheel route... That was enough for me when paired with otherworldly production and measurables...

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I don't disagree. Phillips is the best I watched. He does things with his hands naturally and instinctively that others have to be taught. But the concussions scare me, as does his reputation as a party guy, as does his "music career," which I have a hunch played a part in his willingness to "retire." I like guys that need to be dragged off the football field.

Oweh's 4.3 speed is tantalizing. But if he's that fast, why no sacks? The player I think is being underrated a little is Joe Tryon. The people who tend to know things (McGinn, Brandt, DJ) have him much higher than everyone else. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Just curious as to what you aren't seeing. I realize his get off is just run of the mill, but...damn. Saw a highlight of him running down field step for step with a RB on a wheel route... That was enough for me when paired with otherworldly production and measurables...
He was recruited as a WR. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
He was recruited as a WR. 
Yup. Came in at 208. Added 60lbs since then. To me, his newness to the position with that production = skyhigh ceiling...he's got no plan yet...just raw as gas station sushi... He'll come in and get a half dozen sacks just based on talent.

Official 40-yard results from
@CanesFootball from two NFL scouts’
:

1st Run

Brevin Jordan - 4.69/4.71

Jaelen Phillips - 4.56/4.56

Quincy Roche - 4.68/4.66

Gregory Rousseau - 4.71/4.69

2nd Run

Jordan - 4.69/4.67

Phillips - 4.58/4.59

Roche - 4.68/4.69

Rousseau - 4.74/4.72

[Image: b03tvB9G_bigger.jpg]
Official test numbers from
@CanesFootball pro-day:

DE Quincy Roche
VJ 32.5
BP 23 reps

DE Greg Rousseau
VJ 30.0
BP 21 reps

DE Jaelan Phillips
VJ 36.0
BP 21 reps

TE Brevin Jordan
VJ 31.0
BP 17 reps

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I don't disagree. Phillips is the best I watched. He does things with his hands naturally and instinctively that others have to be taught. But the concussions scare me, as does his reputation as a party guy, as does his "music career," which I have a hunch played a part in his willingness to "retire." I like guys that need to be dragged off the football field.

Oweh's 4.3 speed is tantalizing. But if he's that fast, why no sacks? The player I think is being underrated a little is Joe Tryon. The people who tend to know things (McGinn, Brandt, DJ) have him much higher than everyone else. 
Agreed on Tryon. One thing for sure is I'd love to pick up a really good O-Lineman along with a pass rusher. Really hate not having that 2nd round pick right about now.