Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did Woods Signing Effect Draft

The signing lessens the need, but I don't think it impacts draft strategy significantly. 

Say we swap picks with Baltimore and acquire Brown. At #25, Moehrig might be the BPA. Do you pass on value because you've got a one year solution at the position? JMO.

If their Starting Left Tackle falls to them at #14, the guy they really want, I think that is the pick. 
Otherwise, the signings we've made give us great flexibility to trade down and get a 2nd rounder
if there are any QB's left on the board at 14 other teams want. With the QB hype in full swing,
including Mac Jones going in the top 5, that could drop some really nice options to us if we stay
put. With so many quality Offensive Tackle and DE prospects in this draft, if we do decide to trade
down we will still get a great player who can come in a make an immediate impact. This is shaping
up to be a very interesting and entertaining Day 1 of the draft. Get your popcorn ready. 

Maybe it has to due with creating literally hundreds of mocks the last couple months, but I'm really liking the depth available wit draft class. Tons of potential guys Day 2 and early Day 3. Good year to have 7 picks through 4 rounds from what I'm seeing.