Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa! Blockbuster Trade!
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Rigby said:
Makes one wonder what a Cousins offer might have looked like.....were there one.
There will never be one for this dude.  Don't no other team want to give up anything for him.

They ain't going to pay his salary when they can get someone just as good (at least in terms of wins) for a lot less.

Stafford got a haul and many Kirkstans firmly believe that he is worse than Kirk.

The only outcome is the Vikings just let him play out his deal, add a couple of void years next year to lower the cap hit and eat dead money to get him out after next year, or worst of all, extend his sorry behind again.

They have spent 94M bucks so far and only made the playoffs once.

That is not good enough.

It does not matter whose "fault" it is.

The strategy has not worked and doubling or tripling down on that strategy is fool's gold or bitcoin.

Do you kick your dog when you get home?

Quote: @Mattyman said:
#12 to #3  Cost  a 2021 #12 and a 3rd

plus a 1st in 2022 and 2023.

The cost of the Vikings to go from #14 to #4 or #5 would have to be somewhere in that neighborhood.

With no 2nd rounder Minnesota needs to trade down instead of up IMHO>
This is why I said , "No" in the "Is This the year to move up for a QB" thread.  Because the price was going to be CRAZY.  

After both trades, Miami swapped a 4th down to a 5th (Eagles) and added a 3rd (SF) this year, and banked a 2023 1st (SF). What's interesting is 2022: Miami gets SF's 1st and sends their own to Philly.  Miami is gambling they'll have a better record than SF this season and gain 2022 draft position. If Tua bombs or the Niners make a deep run, the Fins will go backward next draft.

Meanwhile the Eagles are just quietly grinning to themselves at getting a 1 next year (and changing a 5th to a 4th this year) for dropping from 6 to 12 this year when 5 QB's will be going ahead of them, leaving them still with the #7 non-QB pick.

Now I see mocks where the first four picks are QBs

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Do the QBs even go to the green room or just stand off stage left?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I think the top 4 all go on stage, holding hands, giggling and the the first one picked gets a rose as he holds his new jersey in tears....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I think the top 4 all go on stage, holding hands, giggling and the the first one picked gets a rose as he holds his new jersey in tears....

Does he then get kissed by Donald Trump backstage? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Does he then get kissed by Donald Trump backstage? 
Yes, and hugged also.

Wow! Some drinking going on in San Fran!

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@Rigby said:
Makes one wonder what a Cousins offer might have looked like.....were there one.
There will never be one for this dude.  Don't no other team want to give up anything for him.

They ain't going to pay his salary when they can get someone just as good (at least in terms of wins) for a lot less.

Stafford got a haul and many Kirkstans firmly believe that he is worse than Kirk.

The only outcome is the Vikings just let him play out his deal, add a couple of void years next year to lower the cap hit and eat dead money to get him out after next year, or worst of all, extend his sorry behind again.

That is not good enough.

The strategy has not worked and doubling or tripling down on that strategy is fool's gold or bitcoin.

Don't have a dog and would not kick one either. With so much animal cruelty going on it is really not even something to joke about.

I know how it is though.

I am supposed to be excited for this season and I should forget about last season and not think about the 45 million cap hit next season.

If I am disappointed in the current QB in terms of how he affects wins and the cap, then I am not a true fan.

I am cool with that though.

This team is being praised for the moves this year which are nice.  On paper.

They added a defensive tackle that most observers thought was a nose. It's confusing but he has played 3 technique so there is hope. Long term, if that is Ok to think long term here, he does offer insurance if they want to move on from Pierce who may or may not get back to his 2018 level (his 2019 level was not that good at all).

They added a veteran former Pro Bowl corner who has not played up to that level the last two years. I hope he rebounds.
They brought back Mackensie which is really overloading the corners but the experience is needed.
They brought back Weatherly because they soured on Odenigbo who many thought would become a starter for a few years at least.
They should add a safety too.

On offense, they brought back Hill which is OK (he hardly plays though) and traded for Cole who is just kind of a MEH move really.
They still need a starting caliber left tackle and left guard IMHO.

The thing that bothers me is that last year gets swept under the rug.

They made the decision to go with Elflein and Dozier as their guards and did not draft one until the end of the 7th round.
They made the decision to go with all young corners with only one having 5 starts under his belt and he was oft injured (Hughes).
They did not try to get a veteran (like a Desmond King for example) all season.
Even after these truly awful decisions, they doubled down on stupidity and traded for Yannick without any clue if he would extend after the season.
I mean, WTF was that move about? 

Yeah, I am tempering my excitement for this season because of the fact that they made these moves last year and did NOT make the playoffs even with one extra team added.

I guess I am not welcome here unless I praise everything they do.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@AGRforever said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@Rigby said:

That is not good enough.

Don't have a dog and would not kick one either. With so much animal cruelty going on it is really not even something to joke about.

I know how it is though.

I am supposed to be excited for this season and I should forget about last season and not think about the 45 million cap hit next season.

If I am disappointed in the current QB in terms of how he affects wins and the cap, then I am not a true fan.

I am cool with that though.

This team is being praised for the moves this year which are nice.  On paper.

They added a defensive tackle that most observers thought was a nose. It's confusing but he has played 3 technique so there is hope. Long term, if that is Ok to think long term here, he does offer insurance if they want to move on from Pierce who may or may not get back to his 2018 level (his 2019 level was not that good at all).

They added a veteran former Pro Bowl corner who has not played up to that level the last two years. I hope he rebounds.
They brought back Mackensie which is really overloading the corners but the experience is needed.
They brought back Weatherly because they soured on Odenigbo who many thought would become a starter for a few years at least.
They should add a safety too.

On offense, they brought back Hill which is OK (he hardly plays though) and traded for Cole who is just kind of a MEH move really.
They still need a starting caliber left tackle and left guard IMHO.

The thing that bothers me is that last year gets swept under the rug.

They made the decision to go with Elflein and Dozier as their guards and did not draft one until the end of the 7th round.
They made the decision to go with all young corners with only one having 5 starts under his belt and he was oft injured (Hughes).
They did not try to get a veteran (like a Desmond King for example) all season.
Even after these truly awful decisions, they doubled down on stupidity and traded for Yannick without any clue if he would extend after the season.
I mean, WTF was that move about? 

Yeah, I am tempering my excitement for this season because of the fact that they made these moves last year and did NOT make the playoffs even with one extra team added.

I guess I am not welcome here unless I praise everything they do.

Poor you