Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa! Blockbuster Trade!
#12 to #3  Cost  a 2021 #12 and a 3rd

plus a 1st in 2022 and 2023.

The cost of the Vikings to go from #14 to #4 or #5 would have to be somewhere in that neighborhood.

With no 2nd rounder Minnesota needs to trade down instead of up IMHO>

How in the world do you do this without knowing who is going to be "your guy" at #3?  I guess unless you know who the Jets are going with. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@Rigby said:
Mac showed more growth in one year than any college QB I can remember, but I still wouldn't give three 1sts (and a third) for him.
Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, he may turn out to be one helluva player, but something about him screams overrated to me. I dunno, maybe I'm devaluing him a lot based on playing for a loaded team.
Mac is a viable prospect and has the ability to be a top flight NFL QB, but there is risk inherent in every player. Maybe I just would prefer not to trade a sizable portion of the future for that risk however small. Don't think I could stand my head exploding again like the day of the Walker trade (or the Ponder pick).

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Now
@MoveTheSticks is mentioning that Mac Jones shouldn't be ruled out as a potential fit for SF at #3.

Heard it live. Still can't believe it. 
Well...they do say he's the next Kirk Cousins...

Quote: @Rigby said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@Rigby said:
Mac showed more growth in one year than any college QB I can remember, but I still wouldn't give three 1sts (and a third) for him.
Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, he may turn out to be one helluva player, but something about him screams overrated to me. I dunno, maybe I'm devaluing him a lot based on playing for a loaded team.
Mac is a viable prospect and has the ability to be a top flight NFL QB, but there is risk inherent in every player. Maybe I just would prefer not to trade a sizable portion of the future for that risk however small. Don't think I could stand my head exploding again like the day of the Walker trade (or the Ponder pick).
He may end up being a top flight QB. He may not. It's all a crap shoot for the most part. I'm just not sold on him. But then again, I'm no talent evaluator even if I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
How in the world do you do this without knowing who is going to be "your guy" at #3?  I guess unless you know who the Jets are going with. 
Jets HC was the Niners DC last year. Extremely good chance the Niners know who the Jets are taking.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
You don't, unless you've identified three QB's you'd be happy with. My guess those three are Lawrence, Wilson and Jones. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
You don't, unless you've identified three QB's you'd be happy with. My guess those three are Lawrence, Wilson and Jones. 
I think 3 is Lance.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@AGRforever said:
Jets HC was the Niners DC last year. Extremely good chance the Niners know who the Jets are taking.

The Jets could trade their pick?  To me you have this deal figured out but only finalized if your guy is there.  But then again maybe there is to many moving parts for that.
What this officially tells me, we sooooooooo should have sandbagged after going 1-5.  Could you imagine getting that haul for 1 #1?  This is a franchise make it or break it move.

Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
I think 3 is Lance.
Could be. Less likely IMO, but very possible. Could also be Fields.