Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New News on Barr Restructure
According to overthecap Barr’s new base salary is $1,000,000 and the Vikings have $10.3 million in cap space.

[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
The full terms on Anthony Barr’s restructure are in, and they’re different than what had been previously reported. Barr’s cap number for 2021 is only $6.107M, and his base salary drops to just $1 million (thread)
Barr’s 2021 deal has a $8.4 million signing bonus, and he can earn up to $3 million in a salary escalator based on his sack totals this year. He makes $10 million in cash this year, but most of it is from the SB. The #Vikings also get a $455K cap credit from his insurance policy.
The fact Barr’s 2022 and 2023 years are voidable means he’ll have $5.4 million of signing bonus prorations left to hit the cap from each year of the deal, but his number this year clears even more space for the #Vikings, who now have just over $10M in total space.

Let's get Forrest Lamp signed now 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
And others

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Sign Forrest Lamp and Will Parks, then call it a day...

Vikings at about $11M under. If I'm thinking of this correctly, this doesn't include the $7.9M we'll get after June 1st (Rudy), and also doesn't include whatever we get from a Harrison Smith extension (I'd say at least $3M depending on how the structure it). Draft class projected to cost about $3.5M. So Vikings should have between $18 to $22M for whatever free agent or trade they want to target. That's a helluva lot more than they'd need for most of the remaining free agents.

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/13...80074?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings at about $11M under. If I'm thinking of this correctly, this doesn't include the $7.9M we'll get after June 1st (Rudy), and also doesn't include whatever we get from a Harrison Smith extension (I'd say at least $3M depending on how the structure it). Draft class projected to cost about $3.5M. So Vikings should have between $18 to $22M for whatever free agent or trade they want to target. That's a helluva lot more than they'd need for most of the remaining free agents.

Unless they are still considering a trade for a guy with a decent cap hit... 

Maybe a new roster bonus for Danielle Hunter?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Unless they are still considering a trade for a guy with a decent cap hit... 
That's what I'm thinking/hoping. Because that's enough for about 10 Forrest Lamps. 

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Maybe a new roster bonus for Danielle Hunter?
IMHO, no way they give him a roster bonus because of the injury.  More likely, they will give him performance bonus (no salary cap implication for this year as unlikely to be earned because he did not play last year) with possible salary escalation based on performance bonus.  For instance, I could see him getting a 1 million dollar performance bonus for 10 sacks and that also adding 1 million in salary each year of the remainder of his contract.   That way the Vikes are protected from the injury and Hunter can up his salary.