Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone choosing to not get vaccinated?
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I can wrap my head around people not wanting to get vaccinated for various reasons. But how that independenly falls out so strongly across team red vs blue is kinda crazy. 

The differences in team red vs blue used to be role of govt, spending and topics of that ilk. Now these differences are in human values and culture -- more than ever.

I'm naively holding out hope the harmful rhetoric and rift in the country heal. But I dont see it anytime soon. Too many people just look for the conflict vs common good anymore.

Lots of "seething mad" on both sides of the aisle and streets. 

I think it boils down to trust vs. distrust of science, which is very much a blue vs. red thing. It shouldn't be, but it is. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I can wrap my head around people not wanting to get vaccinated for various reasons. But how that independenly falls out so strongly across team red vs blue is kinda crazy. 

The differences in team red vs blue used to be role of govt, spending and topics of that ilk. Now these differences are in human values and culture -- more than ever.

I'm naively holding out hope the harmful rhetoric and rift in the country heal. But I dont see it anytime soon. Too many people just look for the conflict vs common good anymore.

I think it boils down to trust vs. distrust of science, which is very much a blue vs. red thing. It shouldn't be, but it is. 
its not true science that causes distrust, its when the science is politicized as it has been so many times in recent years.  how quickly opposing scientists views are dismissed, or completely ignored, when they contradict the opinions popular with one political bent it should be pretty easy to understand why so many are not as quick to jump behind the party that fosters that type of approach or the "science" that supports it.

"I hope he does because the numbers that you gave are so disturbing, how such a large proportion of a certain group of people would not want to make — would not want to get vaccinated merely because of political consideration," Fauci told "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd. "It makes absolutely no sense."
Btw, this was Lady KaKa from the VP debate a few months ago:

https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=40eZeXPyJ0g

"If Trump told me to take it (vaccine), I wouldnt."

So now we want Trump to tell folks to get vaccinated?  The vaccine(s) have been politicized by both sides, unfortunately. 
I've had both Pfizer doses, so rest easy.   :3

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@MaroonBells said:

"I hope he does because the numbers that you gave are so disturbing, how such a large proportion of a certain group of people would not want to make — would not want to get vaccinated merely because of political consideration," Fauci told "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd. "It makes absolutely no sense."

So now we want Trump to tell folks to get vaccinated?  The vaccine(s) have been politicized by both sides, unfortunately. 
Oh yeah...things are equal on both sides! LOL

@savannahskol said:
@MaroonBells said:

Oh yeah...things are equal on both sides! LOL
Yes, and that is proven by quoting Lady 'Kaka'. It takes a decent-sized effort to not think critically but search hi and low on the Internet for desperate, non-sensical 'equivalency'. LMAO. 

@purplefaithful said:

funniest thing I have read on here.

Just curious, how many reactions, injuries, deaths does it take to be concerned?  I have known multiple people to get seriously sick after the second dose.  One I know had covid and was in pretty serious condition.  

Too many questions about an new technology, experimental phase vaccine that is pushed by an industry that doesn't deserve the trust people have in it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Just curious, how many reactions, injuries, deaths does it take to be concerned?  I have known multiple people to get seriously sick after the second dose.  One I know had covid and was in pretty serious condition.  

Too many questions about an new technology, experimental phase vaccine that is pushed by an industry that doesn't deserve the trust people have in it.
So true,   distrust of the govt aside,  what has big pharma done to make us feel trusting of them?   their history of profit first is quite alarming.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

So true,   distrust of the govt aside,  what has big pharma done to make us feel trusting of them?   their history of profit first is quite alarming.
Who needs medicine anyway?

[Image: United%2BStates6.png%0A]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Profit first, no liability.  These are huge corporations, typically the left would be very skeptical of them.  But since they promise to have our best interests in mind, we should ignore the science that sez they obviously don't.