Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britton Colquitt Restructured to the League Minimum
Saves about $1.4M against the cap. Without this move he would have had the same fate as Dan Bailey. Vikings have $9.7M in cap space with more moves incoming. 

He's no Mitch Berger, but he'll do.

We know some people that know the Colquitts well.  They said Britton wasn't exactly happy with his time in Minnesota.  It just wasn't his cup of tea would be a good way to sum up the conversation rather then some sort of Zim or Ricky suck conspiracy. 

So to see him sign on for vet minimum he must of not felt he had many other suitors.  I'll take it though.  Some continuity would be nice. 

I was hoping that we'd go a different direction at punter, though a veteran minimum contract still allows for them to bring in competition.

Still would like to see them sign a UDFA punter & have a true camp competition.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 2h
Britton Colquitt: “I love being a part of the Vikings family and am happy to help them get where they need to be in this difficult time, and hopefully that also means playing for a Super Bowl title.”

I had us keeping Colquitt at his '20 salary so this is a value add. And like others have said, vetmin doesn't mean we can't bring in others to compete. At the very least it could mean that the new ST coach doesn't have to onboard a new kicker AND punter AND very likely a new return man. 

Now let's extend Harry, convert Thielen and Kendricks, and for the lov'a all things holy, shitcan Shamar. Could be another $12M in just those moves. More than enough for a 3T and a guard. 

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Underrated aspect of the #Vikings restructuring/keeping Britton Colquitt is that he has experience holding for new kicker Greg Joseph. The two played together in Cleveland in 2018.

Britton Colquitt Restructured to the League MinimumSo our punter is smarter than our ex-kicker...!  Wink