Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings after Geno?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
I can;t pin my Fandom hopes on a 33 year old  high priced DT coming off a serious injury.

With the salary cap frozen til 2023 this move doesn't make sense.

Sorta like the Ngakoue trade,  =Bad Move
Ngakoue was a good move....until we lost Hunter.

The cap isn't frozen at all. It will go up significantly in 2022 due to the TV contract. And then again in 2023.

There have been two DTs at the top of the NFL for the last several years. One of them is Geno Atkins. You want Geno Atkins. Not sure if we can move enough money to afford him, but you should want him. A lot. 
was it though?   there was a lot of scuttle about him not wanting to play within Zims D and doing his own thing... that wasnt going to last long even if Hunter was available.
Never heard that from a credible source. 
who is a credible source anymore?  they are all running fast and loose with the facts these days.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
I can;t pin my Fandom hopes on a 33 year old  high priced DT coming off a serious injury.

The cap isn't frozen at all. It will go up significantly in 2022 due to the TV contract. And then again in 2023.

There have been two DTs at the top of the NFL for the last several years. One of them is Geno Atkins. You want Geno Atkins. Not sure if we can move enough money to afford him, but you should want him. A lot. 
was it though?   there was a lot of scuttle about him not wanting to play within Zims D and doing his own thing... that wasnt going to last long even if Hunter was available.
who is a credible source anymore?  they are all running fast and loose with the facts these days.
So it must be true. Just doesn't seem logical. Especially since the Vikings traded him away within hours of Hunter deciding to have surgery. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:

So it must be true. Just doesn't seem logical. Especially since the Vikings traded him away within hours of Hunter deciding to have surgery. 
Doesn't make it false.