Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Not Tagging Golladay
Brilliant move. Truly.

KENNY GOLLADAYWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: Kenny_Golladay.jpg]
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "expected to show considerable interest" in free agent Kenny Golladay. Beasley is also reporting that "one league source went so far as to predict Golladay ends up either with the Dolphins or the Giants." The Lions' surprising decision to let Golladay walk has let a special talent loose on the open market, one who should drive an immense bidding war. On the rise with a young quarterback and money to burn, the Dolphins check all the boxes for an appealing free agent destination. 
RELATED: 

KENNY GOLLADAYWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: Kenny_Golladay.jpg]
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Lions won't use the franchise tag on Kenny Golladay. It's something of a stunner after weeks in which it appeared the team would apply the tag to Golladay and possibly trade him for a second or third round draft pick. He's now entering the open market as the top wideout unless Allen Robinson escapes the Bears. Fresh off playing just five games and catching 20 passes for 338 yards and two touchdowns in 2020, Golladay will look to return to his 2019 form in another city. A healthy Golladay in a good offense should be one of the game's most productive pass catchers. Detroit now has one of the NFL's worst, most depleted wide receiver groups. Tyrell Williams (for now) profiles as the team's unquestioned WR1. 
RELATED: 

I think I need to repost The Lions, the Witch and Warford.

Maybe they intend to extend him, but if not, you can add Golladay to the list that includes Warford, Quandre Diggs, Tomlinson, Van Noy, Darius Slay, Suh, Ziggy Ansah, Reiff, Stafford. It's almost like they're trying as hard as they can to be bad. What's the point of drafting well if you don't keep your players? Lions are not a great drafting team, but Kenny Golladay was one of the few truly great picks by the Lions in recent years. SMH. 

Campbell might have trouble finding 53 cannibals, I don’t know...  Wink B)  

One playoff win since 1957.

The media told me the Lions "won" the Stafford trade, but that might be the only "win" they get in 2021. This team is going to absolutely STINK. Things change fast in the NFL but there's not much evidence to suggest this will be a quick rebuild either.
If I'm a Lions fan, I'm not super excited about some future draft picks because I'm too preoccupied with watching Detroit's 2 best (?) players and probably my 2 favorite players leave the team in the span of a month. What a bad team.

In related news jared goff announces his retirement.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
The media told me the Lions "won" the Stafford trade, but that might be the only "win" they get in 2021. This team is going to absolutely STINK. Things change fast in the NFL but there's not much evidence to suggest this will be a quick rebuild either.
If I'm a Lions fan, I'm not super excited about some future draft picks because I'm too preoccupied with watching Detroit's 2 best (?) players and probably my 2 favorite players leave the team in the span of a month. What a bad team.
I think Stafford and Goff are both QBs you can win a Super Bowl with, so I might agree that the Lions won the trade with the extra 1st round picks. But what good are draft picks if they simply trade them away when it comes time to pay them? 

ROMEO OKWARADL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 11547.jpg]
The Lions will not assign the franchise tag to DE Romeo Okwara, making him a free agent. The 25-year-old broke all the way out for 10 sacks in 2020, operating as one of the Lions' best overall players. It is surprising to let a young talent like that walk, but Okwara has a thin overall résumé, while the Lions are hurting for cap space. Okwara will be one of the biggest wild cards on the open market. 
RELATED: