Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone expalin to me how this isn't racist?
https://www.agri-pulse.com/articles/1532...ebt-relief
Within the covid relief package is a provision to pay 120% of black, hispanic, asian and native american USDA loans.  The additional 20% is to pay the taxes due on these loans once forgiven. From what I've been able to find, these loans would primarily be for land acquisition.  

Why is race even allowed to part of a loan program?  I thought we had entire government organizations to ensure lenders are not discriminating? 

"Democratic members of the committee initially struggled to explain whether white women would be eligible for the payments, but a committee member said it was limited to blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Asian Americans."

It is racist. This is the kind of shit that I knew I'd hate from a Biden administration. This is basically reparations for slavery, one House member even mentions that. So choose your poison: White Privilege or Reparations for Slavery. Isn't it fun having politicians make decisions for us?

Sorry to distract from the OP @ AGR...

Did I read they're looking to tax PPE loans as well? That might be a state by state call vs FED? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
"Democratic members of the committee initially struggled to explain whether white women would be eligible for the payments, but a committee member said it was limited to blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Asian Americans."

It is racist. This is the kind of shit that I knew I'd hate from a Biden administration. This is basically reparations for slavery, one House member even mentions that. So choose your poison: White Privilege or Reparations for Slavery. Isn't it fun having politicians make decisions for us?
Agreed. I have no idea where to start. You don't make one group happy by discriminating against another. The solution to the inequality is not picking a side but treating all equal and giving all a fair and equal shot at everything. Common sense is really not that common

Greediron,

I got a wtftroyakmin from you. Why is this not racist? Honest question?  I wont even respond. I honestly want to hear an opinion as to why this is not a racist policy?

Quote: @mblack said:
@StickyBun said:

Agreed. I have no idea where to start. You don't make one group happy by discriminating against another. The solution to the inequality is not picking a side but treating all equal and giving all a fair and equal shot at everything. Common sense is really not that common
Not to turn this into a pissing match.  You know Im not a Trump guy. Do you think some of the maga people see this and justify their means?

Quote: @AGRforever said:

@mblack said:
@StickyBun said:

Not to turn this into a pissing match.  You know Im not a Trump guy. Do you think some of the maga people see this and justify their means?
I dont believe it fair to equate maga to racist.  And I'm sure there are as many racist that didn't support Trump as there were those that did.

And yes I do think policies like these will embolden racists and possible bolster their ranks.  The small farmer has enough hurdles to jump to survive without getting penalized for his skin color. This kind of policy will take some out and will lead to unjust resentment towards minorities,  it should be directed towards the worthless  pieces of shit that put the policies in place.

Quote: @AGRforever said:

@mblack said:
@StickyBun said:

Absolutely. And that's another reason this line of thinking or should I say policy direction is frustrating and shallow. Its like people are scared to do what's right because of political ramifications. 

funny, but everything happening today is what Charles Manson wanted to happen. makes me sick to my my stomache. in all my life ive never seen a time that govt policy, news reporting, school policy and education etc. has pushed and wanted so much racial divide, because thats all thats going to come from all this bs.. Charlie is loving this (in his grave now). And on top of that shit, The individual is dead, and only group think is allowed to exist. And the destruction of the family is in full blown “take it down” mode. Heck, a NY school just put out to kids to stop calling parents “mom and dad” as well as a bunch of other bs. marxism using “social justice” and other nice sounding platitudes to destroy the family. After all, a communist cant have or tolerate individual thought - or God forbid - a family unit operating/thinking/living outside of Govt control. Hey, I guess its the “new normal” - to cancel and destroy individual thought and opinion. destroy peoples lives and then take down the family structure which used to be the corner stone of society. Man, so much hate & vitriol out there/ zero tollerance for a different opinion, So, its Bend the knee or suffer the consequenses. So is this what freedom and liberty is supposed to look like? God save us all

and yea, this is just my simple opinion. an individual with personal thoughts. Am i allowed to think and write such things? OK, now tear me down since thats the new normal. Am i now cancelled for these scary opinions? Are you offended? were you able to function today after reading my thoughts?