Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz To Colts
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Vikings couldn't even get this package for Cousins.

No team is interested really.  Only thing we hear is the usual banter about the 49ers.

Here is why.

Last year, he threw 10 interceptions in the first 6 games.

This is when the Vikings defense needed him the MOST.  They had very young corners, no Pierce, Odenigbo trying to step into a starters spot, and no Hunter.

Most intelligent observers would have surmised that the defense would not start off too good.

What does the leader of the team (he should be) who is making the most money do to help take pressure off the young defense?

He craps the bed.

The Vikings end up missing the playoffs by one game.

Many of the Korkstans will point to how he finished the season as some sort of saving grace.

They rarely mention the first 6 games and absolute inexcusable horrid start by Kork.

Other teams are smart.  They saw the start of the season.  They know Cousins story.

When you need him the most, he comes up the least.
How do they know what package they can get if they aren't shopping him? 
That tells you all you need to know.

The 49ers, in the last game of the 2019 season, thrashed the Vikings.

They ran the ball 47 times for 186 yards and held it for over 38 minutes.

They held the Vikings to 21 yards on 10 carries, sacked Cousins 6 times, and hit him 9 other times.

The people who run this team decided the way to fix that from happening again was going with Pat Elflein and Dakota Dozier at guard.

They decided the twice discarded Shamar Stephen would be fine at 3 technique.

Of course they are NOT shopping Cousins.

They probably are going to extend him AGAIN when he will be 35 years old.

Why do I not have much confidence in this regime?

Indy Star's Jim Ayello reports the Colts received a "pretty firm not available" from the Raiders when checking in on Derek Carr.Before they traded for Carson Wentz, the Colts called the Raiders about Carr, who has been in the midst of trade discussions for seasons. While both are theoretically on the trade block, it's clear that the Raiders want to trade Marcus Mariota, not Carr this offseason. Analytically, Carr was a top-12 passer last season and has cap hits of just $22.1 million and $19.9 million over the next two years. A team will have to blow the Raiders away with an offer for Carr to be dealt.
RELATED: 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

No team is interested really.  Only thing we hear is the usual banter about the 49ers.

Here is why.

This is when the Vikings defense needed him the MOST.  They had very young corners, no Pierce, Odenigbo trying to step into a starters spot, and no Hunter.

Most intelligent observers would have surmised that the defense would not start off too good.

What does the leader of the team (he should be) who is making the most money do to help take pressure off the young defense?

He craps the bed.

Many of the Korkstans will point to how he finished the season as some sort of saving grace.

They rarely mention the first 6 games and absolute inexcusable horrid start by Kork.

Other teams are smart.  They saw the start of the season.  They know Cousins story.

They held the Vikings to 21 yards on 10 carries, sacked Cousins 6 times, and hit him 9 other times.

The people who run this team decided the way to fix that from happening again was going with Pat Elflein and Dakota Dozier at guard.

Like selling a house, I sure dont want to drop-kick olde KC until I know I'm moving to something better.

Or counting on my front office to accurately project one of those top 3 QB's to having a franchise ceiling and getting one of em. 

Or having a strong belief that with a decent D and avg OL, KC might not just shine a lot more brightly. 

KC cost this team dearly the first 6 games last season, I agree on that. But the D is even more problematic imo.

I wouldn't move KC unless I got a Plan B I really believe in. Something that wouldnt weaken the strength of the team - the offense. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Here is why.

He craps the bed.

Like selling a house, I sure dont want to drop-kick olde KC until I know I'm moving to something better.

Or counting on my front office to project one of those top 3 QB's to having a franchise ceiling and getting one of em. 

Or having a strong belief that with a decent D and avg OL, KC might not just shine a lot more brightly. 

KC cost this team dearly the first 6 games last season, I agree on that. But the D is even more problematic imo.

I wouldn't move KC unless I got a Plan B I really believe in. Something that wouldnt weaken the strength of the team - the offense. 
I have no faith in this front office and I think they have over stayed their welcome.

I do no think they know what a good interior offensive lineman looks like.

I have no faith in their ability to find a QB outside of a trade.

We are stuck with Kork.

He proved last year in the first 6 games just what kind of leader he truly is.

Throwing 10 picks in the first 6 games right when the young defense needed his help the MOST.

That is who Cousins is.

When you need him the MOST, he delivers the LEAST.

There are a lot of Korkstans that will refute that but the proof is in the pudding.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Here is why.

He craps the bed.

Or counting on my front office to project one of those top 3 QB's to having a franchise ceiling and getting one of em. 

I have no faith in this front office and I think they have over stayed their welcome.

We are stuck with Kork.

Throwing 10 picks in the first 6 games right when the young defense needed his help the MOST.

That is who Cousins is.

There are a lot of Korkstans that will refute that but the proof is in the pudding.
Did ya miss the stat earlier?  2009-16 no 1st round QB is still on their first team?  Good QBs dont grow on trees. This team has kicked ass a d took names drafting talent. I expect that the D will take a significant step forward this coming season. Our offense was top 5 already. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Here is why.

He craps the bed.

We are stuck with Kork.

That is who Cousins is.

Did ya miss the stat earlier?  2009-16 no 1st round QB is still on their first team?  Good QBs dont grow on trees. This team has kicked ass a d took names drafting talent. I expect that the D will take a significant step forward this coming season. Our offense was top 5 already. 
And? 

Cousins crapped the bed in the first 6 games right when he was needed the MOST.

You said nothing about that and point to some stats as if it means anything.

They still missed the playoffs in an expanded field.

I expect you want to extend Kork again right?

3 years into his tenure and the Vikings have been to the playoffs once.

Impressive.

I'm just ranting a bit.  Somebody must have swapped out my beer for bitter beer.

I know the Vikings are rolling with Cousins.  That's fine.

I have zero confidence that he will deliver in the clutch against really good teams.

He needs everything around him to be perfect to do his best.

Quote: @Kentis said:

And with the trade of Carson Wentz, there will now not be a single QB drafted in the first round from 2009-2016 that is still with his original team.

0 out of 22 total.
This. All day, this. This should be posted in every draft room and at the top of every message board to remind people what a crapshoot the draft is, every time they assume Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones is going to be the answer to all their prayers. 

And if you think it improved after 2016, OK, it did...a little. But those years also gave us Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Daniel Jones, Haskins, and Tua...

I think this fact is why more and more teams are choosing to go the veteran trade or free agent route rather than take a seat at the craps table. It's also why teams who already have a top 10 QB aren't very eager to cash that in for this year's Jameis Mariota or Carson Goff or Johnny Bortles. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:

And with the trade of Carson Wentz, there will now not be a single QB drafted in the first round from 2009-2016 that is still with his original team.

0 out of 22 total.
This. All day, this. This should be posted in every draft room and at the top of every message board to remind people what a crapshoot the draft is, every time they assume Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones is going to be the answer to all their prayers. 

And if you think it improved after 2016, OK, it did...a little. But those years also gave us Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Daniel Jones, Haskins, and Tua...

I think this fact is why more and more teams are choosing to go the veteran trade or free agent route rather than take a seat at the craps table. It's also why teams who already have a top 10 QB aren't very eager to cash that in for this year's Jameis Mariota or Carson Goff or Johnny Bortles. 
This is such a stupid incomplete cherry picked stat.  Here is the list of QBs  in that list ...

Stafford - Just got traded for a starting QB and two 1st round picksSanchez - Bust out of the league and went to a bad situationFreeman - Bust never should have been drafted in the 1st roundBradford - Oft injured bust but there was one GM stupid enough to give up a 1st and a 4th for himTebow - Bust out of the league and never given the first team reps during offseasonNewton - Started last yearLocker - Bust out of the leagueGabbert - Bust and now a backupPonder - Bust never should have been drafted in the 1st roundLuck - RetiredTannehill - Busted with Dolphins and now a solid starterWeeden - Bust never should have been drafted in the 1st roundManuel - Bust never should have been drafted in the 1st roundBortles - Bust and now a backupManziel - Bust out of the league and never given the first team reps during offseasonBridgewater - Injured but now a starterWinston - Bust in Tampa, backup that could become a starterMariota - Bust in Tennessee, backup that could become a starterGoff - Rams gave up but Detroit wanted himWentz - Just traded to start for the ColtsLynch - Bust never should have been drafted in the 1st round

... You have 5 starters for next year assuming Teddy starts. You have Newton, Winston, and maybe Mariota as possible starters.

You have 5 players that should not have been drafted in the first round.

That is almost half the list that goes back 13 years.

I am sure that the Chiefs and Texans did not have this simpleton mindset when they traded up to get their QBs in the 2017 draft.

I mean, why would the Chiefs make that trade when they had a perfectly capable Cousins clone in Alex Smith?

Why not roll with Smith and improve other areas of the team?

Andy Reid sure is a fool isn't he?

Kork Cousins is not the answer and never will be the answer.

Some of you would keep him until his arse his 40 probably.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Indy Star's Jim Ayello reports the Colts received a "pretty firm not available" from the Raiders when checking in on Derek Carr.Before they traded for Carson Wentz, the Colts called the Raiders about Carr, who has been in the midst of trade discussions for seasons. While both are theoretically on the trade block, it's clear that the Raiders want to trade Marcus Mariota, not Carr this offseason. Analytically, Carr was a top-12 passer last season and has cap hits of just $22.1 million and $19.9 million over the next two years. A team will have to blow the Raiders away with an offer for Carr to be dealt.
RELATED: 
No doubt Carr is a better QB than Wentz. And despite media reports, the Raiders want to keep him and SHOULD want to keep him.