Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz To Colts
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
I knew there was no way they were getting a 1st rounder. 
This is lower than expected. Add to that the cap hit. Man, they really wanted him gone in the worst way. Bears supposedly had 2 seconds on the table with Foles returning to Philly.

For those wondering, the GF is thrilled to be done with Wentz.
Wouldn't that Bears offer be better than the Colts'? The likelihood of getting a 1st in '22 must be pretty high and trumped the Bears' offer. 
Purely speculating here Jor-El but maybe they didnt want to trade him to an NFC team? I would think the Eagles were just happy to get rid of him, but who knows

• Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Bears never made a trade offer for Carson Wentz.The Bears were certainly doing their homework on Wentz and likely were on the phone with Eagles GM Howie Roseman, but things never fully escalated. Breer reports the Colts were the only team actually in the mix for Wentz, who was traded for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first-rounder if Wentz plays more than 75% of the Colts' snaps next season. Chicago still has a major hole to fill at quarterback, and GM Ryan Pace doesn't have the luxury of waiting to find his guy next offseason. Expect the Bears to turn to the Marcus Mariota, Cam Newton, and Teddy Bridgewater tier of quarterbacks over the next month.
    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: Albert Breer on TwitterFeb 18, 2021, 1:23 PM ET
  • [*]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That'd be weird.

Cam is done. 

Vikings couldn't even get this package for Cousins.

No team is interested really.  Only thing we hear is the usual banter about the 49ers.

Here is why.

Last year, he threw 10 interceptions in the first 6 games.

This is when the Vikings defense needed him the MOST.  They had very young corners, no Pierce, Odenigbo trying to step into a starters spot, and no Hunter.

Most intelligent observers would have surmised that the defense would not start off too good.

What does the leader of the team (he should be) who is making the most money do to help take pressure off the young defense?

He craps the bed.

The Vikings end up missing the playoffs by one game.

Many of the Korkstans will point to how he finished the season as some sort of saving grace.

They rarely mention the first 6 games and absolute inexcusable horrid start by Kork.

Other teams are smart.  They saw the start of the season.  They know Cousins story.

When you need him the most, he comes up the least.

They trade the QB   and 86 the coach that WON the Superbowl to keep Wentz.....only to trade him?

It's   weird when NFL FO types outsmart themselves and get it entirely wrong.

Eagle fans are pricks

I hope karma boomerangs in Philly like it has in New Orleans,  and  Wentz wins a SB in INDY. 

Philly got a nice return considering that they lessened his trade value by benching him at the end of the season. 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Vikings couldn't even get this package for Cousins.

No team is interested really.  Only thing we hear is the usual banter about the 49ers.

Here is why.

Last year, he threw 10 interceptions in the first 6 games.

This is when the Vikings defense needed him the MOST.  They had very young corners, no Pierce, Odenigbo trying to step into a starters spot, and no Hunter.

Most intelligent observers would have surmised that the defense would not start off too good.

What does the leader of the team (he should be) who is making the most money do to help take pressure off the young defense?

He craps the bed.

The Vikings end up missing the playoffs by one game.

Many of the Korkstans will point to how he finished the season as some sort of saving grace.

They rarely mention the first 6 games and absolute inexcusable horrid start by Kork.

Other teams are smart.  They saw the start of the season.  They know Cousins story.

When you need him the most, he comes up the least.
How do they know what package they can get if they aren't shopping him? 

Tweet
See new Tweets
Tweet
[Image: A8uxi2Dr_reasonably_small.jpg]
And with the trade of Carson Wentz, there will now not be a single QB drafted in the first round from 2009-2016 that is still with his original team.

0 out of 22 total.
Holy shit...!   :o :o  

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
I knew there was no way they were getting a 1st rounder. 
This is lower than expected. Add to that the cap hit. Man, they really wanted him gone in the worst way. Bears supposedly had 2 seconds on the table with Foles returning to Philly.

For those wondering, the GF is thrilled to be done with Wentz.
Wouldn't that Bears offer be better than the Colts'? The likelihood of getting a 1st in '22 must be pretty high and trumped the Bears' offer. 
Purely speculating here Jor-El but maybe they didnt want to trade him to an NFC team? I would think the Eagles were just happy to get rid of him, but who knows
That crossed my mind, too. If it was a team in their own division, I would understand, but...if you think he's a bum, are you that fearful he will haunt your team? Maybe so. Or maybe the Bears' offer was filled with conditions, or the picks were in future years. We can only guess.