Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thuney Likely To Hit Market
Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@Purpleblooded said:
I continue to find the Reiff comments head-scratching.  LT is the toughest position to find on the OL.  Reiff was the best, or perhaps second-best offensive lineman we had last year.  The OL sucks and needs big improvement, but we have very limited resources.  Step #1: get rid of Reiff.  Hmm....
It's not based on Reiff's play. He was very good last year. But, would the team be better off, cutting Reiff, drafting a LT & using his cap savings to address other needs? 

That's the 12 million dollar question. 

@Purpleblooded said:
I continue to find the Reiff comments head-scratching.  LT is the toughest position to find on the OL.  Reiff was the best, or perhaps second-best offensive lineman we had last year.  The OL sucks and needs big improvement, but we have very limited resources.  Step #1: get rid of Reiff.  Hmm....
It's not based on Reiff's play. He was very good last year. But, would the team be better off, cutting Reiff, drafting a LT & using his cap savings to address other needs? 

Exactly.  I thought Riley had a great year last year, I would love to keep him but at what cost.

Does the play of ONeill-Thuney with Udoh at RT exceed Reiff-Dozier with ONeill at RT?  I would have to believe it does especially considering the fastest way to the QB is through the A gap.

If there was a way to keep Riley and add Thuney, I would be all for it even if it meant moving on from Rudy and Harris.  

Maybe Kirk can restructure a little money to ensure that Thuney could protect him

I LOVE LAMP.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I LOVE LAMP.
Lamp was awesome in college, but I have to admit I lost track of him after he spent so much time on the bench in San Diego. Looking at PFF he might just be the anti-Viking. Grades pretty well in pass pro but pretty poorly in run blocking. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I LOVE LAMP.
Lamp was awesome in college, but I have to admit I lost track of him after he spent so much time on the bench in San Diego. Looking at PFF he might just be the anti-Viking. Grades pretty well in pass pro but pretty poorly in run blocking. 
 Tore his acl in rookie camp, out for the season.  Had a knee scope prior to the following season and really never got on track recovering.  2019 broke his femur.  2020 started every game at LG for the Chargers.  So he wasn't on the bench, he was in the training room with injury...but he's talented and has upside as a low risk/high reward type signing.

@Skodin said:
With a player like this available, I really wish we knew what we have in Udoh playing RT. 

ONeill to LT, Reiff (who played well) off the books.

ONeill-Thuney-Bradburry-Cleveland-Udoh could have serious potential and a nice blend of contract values
I think Udoh is one of those players that the fans like more than the team does.
Agreed. 40 or so snaps vs a disinterested Khalil Mack really had some folks pumped. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Reiff had walked instead of agreeing to a pay cut.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Knucklehead said:
@Skodin said:
With a player like this available, I really wish we knew what we have in Udoh playing RT. 

ONeill to LT, Reiff (who played well) off the books.

ONeill-Thuney-Bradburry-Cleveland-Udoh could have serious potential and a nice blend of contract values
I think Udoh is one of those players that the fans like more than the team does.
Agreed. 40 or so snaps vs a disinterested Khalil Mack really had some folks pumped. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Reiff had walked instead of agreeing to a pay cut.
We'll find out a lot about what they think of Udoh in a few weeks when the Vikings have to decide whether or not they're going to keep Rashod Hill around. 

Get a legit Offensive line coach and many of the problems will be solved.