Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Pettine out in Green Bay
Quote:Mike Pettine’s contract is expiring and he will not return to Green Bay in 2021, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

That’s not a big surprise, given that the Packers’ defense had some letdowns in their NFC Championship Game loss to the Buccaneers, most notably giving up a long touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Scotty Miller just before halftime.

A lapse like that wouldn’t cost a coach his job if everything else were going swimmingly, but there were plenty of times during the 2020 season that the Packers’ defense didn’t look particularly well-coached, and head coach Matt LaFleur hinted after the loss to the Buccaneers that he wasn’t happy with Pettine....

Source: Profootballtalk.com
All I got to say is power is good. I wish they also let go the guy who decided to go for a FG instead of TD. The coach also could have overruled the call Pettine made but whatever.

Dom Capers is available.... :p

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

Actually I believe Detroit jumped on that hot coaching commodity... Wink B)

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Yep they did. Another hidden gem being talked about is Wade Phillips. They should probably jump on that quick.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Vanguard83 said:

no kidding....yikes.

well then I stick by my usual Green Bay statement from the ‘70’s....

I.     DONT.     CARE.    

It will be tough to find a replacement with Dom Capers and Lovie Smith already taken. :p

Quote: @mblack said:
@Kentis said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Yep they did. Another hidden gem being talked about is Wade Phillips. They should probably jump on that quick.
Been wanting wade ever since Kubes got here, cause of their history. shit as much as I respect Zimmer i think Wade is better at D. prolly a pipe dream