Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty good top of the WR class this year...
I don't see what another first round WR does for our offense.  We already have Thielen, Jefferson, Irv, and Dalvin...  and Beebe, Bisi, Conklin, etc. as secondary options.

The single best thing we could do for our team is invest in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Look at what a Zimmer defense looks like without pass rushers or a good 3T.  We need better than Dozier at LG.

The only non-OL/DL player I would consider at 14 is a QB.  Rick needs to avoid a flashy skill player and get some big boys early in the draft.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I don't see what another first round WR does for our offense.  We already have Thielen, Jefferson, Irv, and Dalvin...  and Beebe, Bisi, Conklin, etc. as secondary options.

The single best thing we could do for our team is invest in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Look at what a Zimmer defense looks like without pass rushers or a good 3T.  We need better than Dozier at LG.

The only non-OL/DL player I would consider at 14 is a QB.  Rick needs to avoid a flashy skill player and get some big boys early in the draft.
A WR at 14 isn't going to happen. Our biggest and most urgent need is at 3T. If it's not filled in free agency, then it has to be our pick in the 1st.

If we do fill it in free agency, then the pick is either Edge or OL, with Safety and QB being the only other remaining (but less likely) possibilities IMO. 

I think we'll draft a WR who can potentially upgrade WR3 Bisi Johnson, improve our return game and potentially be a developmental replacement for Thielen down the road, but methinks this is more a middle round target this year. Probably moves up a little next year though. 

Is WR a need? No, not this year and probably not the next. I guess it really depends on who is still on the board at positions of need. About the only position that jeopardizes my Samsung is a back 7 defender.

All good points. I doubt anyone's Samsungs are at risk. 

They'll have some real tough decisions on their hands if Waddle is sitting there @ 14 though. I think its a distinct possibility. We'll see. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Is WR a need? No, not this year and probably not the next. I guess it really depends on who is still on the board at positions of need. About the only position that jeopardizes my Samsung is a back 7 defender.
Would LB make you throw a rock, even though it is in the back 7? I agree WR is not a need (in the 1st round) and definitely expect OL or DL. But I could see LB as a "next level" priority, especially if the team parts ways with Barr. Even if Barr stays, depth has been a problem and will be worse if Wilson leaves. I actually saw a mock with Micah Parsons falling to us...seems a long shot but I think Zimmer would jump if he was available.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Would LB make you throw a rock, even though it is in the back 7? I agree WR is not a need (in the 1st round) and definitely expect OL or DL. But I could see LB as a "next level" priority, especially if the team parts ways with Barr. Even if Barr stays, depth has been a problem and will be worse if Wilson leaves. I actually saw a mock with Micah Parsons falling to us...seems a long shot but I think Zimmer would jump if he was available.
Throw a rock? No. It would be more like a mushroom cloud. You don't spend the #14 pick on depth or for a player that typically would be in on only 30% of the snaps. 

No. Fuck no. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I wouldnt be mad about Parsons IF it meant we got rid of Barr. I see him as a very similar player with similar skillset so if that happens then I wouldnt be overly mad. Not my biggest concern or want but it would make some sense

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Jor-El said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Throw a rock? No. It would be more like a mushroom cloud. You don't spend the #14 pick on depth or for a player that typically would be in on only 30% of the snaps. 

No. Fuck no. 
Not trying to incite damage to your TV, but how about..... Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah? Kind of replace Harris and Wilson with one player. 

A long way to the draft, may as well play around with possibilities. If a back 7 defender looks like a big-time playmaker and Zimmer loves him, I think that's far more likely than another WR in the 1st.