Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip Rivers Retires
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Just saw the Purple FTW guy speculate that the Colts, who have a very good team and now nothing at QB, could be very interested in pick #14, which is about where the last of the top QBs will go. Mac Jones probably. Reasoning is that the Colts will want to get ahead of the Patriots at #15. Pats will also be looking QB. 

Of course the Vikings could go QB, too, but I think it's less likely. 
They trade a 1st and 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd and 4th rounder next year for our first rounder and Inert Kirk.  We package the picks for a trade for Deshawn Watson.   

Quote: @Randle316 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Just saw the Purple FTW guy speculate that the Colts, who have a very good team and now nothing at QB, could be very interested in pick #14, which is about where the last of the top QBs will go. Mac Jones probably. Reasoning is that the Colts will want to get ahead of the Patriots at #15. Pats will also be looking QB. 

Of course the Vikings could go QB, too, but I think it's less likely. 
They trade a 1st and 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd and 4th rounder next year for our first rounder and Inert Kirk.  We package the picks for a trade for Deshawn Watson.   
You still don't have enough,  and certainly not enough for both Watson and to fill all the holes we currently have.

Switching lanes here,

Been talk since his retirement that he will be in canton and debate to his worthyness of the hof. 
 I say no.  His numbers at face value are impressive enough against existing HOF QBs,  but the career numbers of the guys ahead of him are all of the same ERA.  He played his entire career under the passing game  protections that are responsible for the ecplosion of offense due to more restrictions on the DBs and pass rushers making it much easier to amass those gaudy passing numbers. 
 I think he had a really nice career and was one of the better QBs of his time,  but not in the conversation of the best and that doesn't male him HOF in my mind.

Same for Eli,  and big Ben,  superbowls shouldn't be a primary factor anymore than market played in..   Only current older guys I think merit it,  Brees, Brady, Rogers,  Wilson, IMO