Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hometown hospital cuts ties with Cousins

Of course. How could they not? I mean, lol they are a hospital. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Of course. How could they not? I mean, lol they are a hospital. 
I know. His comments are an insult to healthcare workers and medical professionals as well as science. It's like a slap in the face. Like seriously? 

That is awesome!  Wish we were next.  

Holland Hospital issued a statement via local radio station WHTC 1450 AM upon severing ties with Cousins, who had partnered with the hospital's sports medicine program since 2017.
"As the trusted health care leader along the lakeshore, we are committed to providing accurate, timely health information and guidance based on guidelines from the CDC and medical experts," the statement read.
"While we acknowledge that each person is entitled to their own viewpoints, those who speak on our behalf must support messages that align with the hospital's position on matters of vital importance to individual and community health.
"For this reason, Holland Hospital will discontinue using Kirk Cousins as our spokesperson for now. We are proud of our association with Kirk. He embodies many values we respect and share as part of our work culture.
"However, we must be certain that our communications about COVID vaccination are consistent and unequivocal.
"The clear recommendation from the CDC and leading medical experts is that the COVID vaccine is safe, effective and the best defense against becoming infected with the virus. Evidence also indicates that vaccinated individuals may be less likely to carry and transmit the virus to others including children, family members and friends.
"For these reasons, Holland Hospital has and will continue to strongly recommend the COVID vaccine to those who are eligible to receive it. It is important that Holland Hospital maintain the trusted reputation we have earned for providing consistent, truthful information and evidence-based health care guidance."

Holland Hospital is clearly liberal :astonished:

I'm all in supporting Holland Hospital's position.  They are pro-public health and Cousins' public position contradicts it.

Only surprise would have been if they actually kept him as a spokesperson. 

Cousins is getting skewered on social media.

Only thing that would cure all of this is winning and staying on the field.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about JJ's shoulder than I am anything Cousins related. 

Why are there no fans calling for Theilen to be cut or traded,  or Smith,  Richardson, Cook, Barr, Kendricks,  or any of the other 25 or so players rumored to have not gotten the shot.  The lack of quality LB play was often an excuse for last years defensive collapse,  seems that those guys could be just as big of a loss to the team.  Smith is the key on D, Zimmer uses him so many different ways,  his absence would be huge.  Or how about our stud RB,  sure there are other capable RBs on the team,  but for a run first oriented offense to lose a player like Cook it would be a tough one to handle as well. 

Honestly the outrage aimed at Cousins is a joke if people aren't going to be making the same comments about the others that have apparently made the same decisions as the ones listed above are all leaders for this team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Why are there no fans calling for Theilen to be cut or traded,  or Smith,  Richardson, Cook, Barr, Kendricks,  or any of the other 25 or so players rumored to have not gotten the shot.  The lack of quality LB play was often an excuse for last years defensive collapse,  seems that those guys could be just as big of a loss to the team.  Smith is the key on D, Zimmer uses him so many different ways,  his absence would be huge.  Or how about our stud RB,  sure there are other capable RBs on the team,  but for a run first oriented offense to lose a player like Cook it would be a tough one to handle as well. 

Honestly the outrage aimed at Cousins is a joke if people aren't going to be making the same comments about the others that have apparently made the same decisions as the ones listed above are all leaders for this team.
Personally, I'm not calling for Cousins to be cut or traded. That's silly, IMO. I think he's a dumbshit with only hypocritical reasons for not getting vaccinated, but I'll still be rooting for him come Sunday. Like I said, I can compartmentalize and the NFL is entertainment for me. I already knew his Dad was very out there from a religious perspective prior to all this and I'm sure Kirk is as well but he keeps a lot of it private (wisely). 

Let's just play ball, y'all. 

Cousins is a complete idiot IMHO