Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raging Homophobe To Lead Browns In Playoffs

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID-19, along with two other coaches and two players. The Browns, headed into their first playoff game since 2002, will be without their head coach. Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer will take over as acting head coach. The team canceled practice last week after a member of its coaching staff, LB Malcolm Smith, TE Harrison Bryant, and CB Denzel Ward all tested positive for the virus. Stefanski missing this weekend's playoff game is the most Browns development possible, and it puts the team at a considerable disadvantage as they prepare for the Steelers. 
RELATED:  Chris Kluwe could not be reached for comment.

Well I'll give him one thing... he jumped from the sinking ship (Vikings) at the right time

That sucks for Stefanski. Crazy how so many coaches leave and do well. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Yup that's too bad. Due to the NFL 10 day rule, he pretty much will miss their playoff game. 

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
Yup that's too bad. Due to the NFL 10 day rule, he pretty much will miss their playoff game. 
I wonder if they will give him a virtual/real time opportunity to be in a booth some where by himself with as many camera feeds as possible to try and see what he can and have communications with the sideline/Priefer.

if he is asymptomatic there is no reason with the proper protocals in place he could not be in the booth calling the shots like most offensive Coordinators.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
if he is asymptomatic there is no reason with the proper protocals in place he could not be in the booth calling the shots like most offensive Coordinators.
no reason except for the NFL rules,  those same rules that were bent for a few teams,  but not for a few others.... where do you suppose the browns will fall?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
I wonder if they will give him a virtual/real time opportunity to be in a booth some where by himself with as many camera feeds as possible to try and see what he can and have communications with the sideline/Priefer.
That would be inconsistent (not ethically wrong because that is the right thing to do) but wrong because I think the Lions and the Broncos asked for some exceptions and they did not get any. Please correct me if I am wrong

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PSBLAKE said:
no reason except for the NFL rules,  those same rules that were bent for a few teams,  but not for a few others.... where do you suppose the browns will fall?
EXACTLY this.   

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
That would be inconsistent (not ethically wrong because that is the right thing to do) but wrong because I think the Lions and the Broncos asked for some exceptions and they did not get any. Please correct me if I am wrong
is there a rule that prevents a team from utilizing technology to allow a quarantined coach to participate while honoring the distancing rules?  I dont think I have heard of one.