Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Proud parent thread.....
As many know my family moved to Hawaii a couple years ago.  I had coached O line at the HS he was going to go to in CA. before we moved, so I always had a little trepidation about Nepotism, and "daddy baller" talk when he got to high school.   When we moved, that all became academic. The kid would have to make a name for himself.

Kyle didn't get a season last year as a freshman because of COVID, but while his friends were surfing, fishing and at the beach chasing wahine...he was lifting and working out four days a week with a couple of trainers.

Weight training at his high school started a month ago, helmets started only this week.  Half-pack in another two weeks.  Kyle was originally slated to start on both sides of the ball for JV (LT & RDE) but this morning after practice coaches told him to move up to varsity on Monday. (the only sophomore)

You'd think the kid would be excited, (like dad) but he was a bit despondent about (most likely) losing play time (on JV). Most of his friends are still on JV, but I told him they'll join him on varsity their junior & senior year with him, and working with the varsity squad will only help him improve more quickly.  I told him the old line that "Iron sharpens iron" They have two very good DE's that are both seniors, so it's obvious the coaches are looking for some depth and beyond this season.

Buttons popping off dads chest today.....instead of the belly....as usual.

How about ya'll...Whats going on with the kids?  

V83

Nah, somethings should just stand by themselves, glad to just hear good things.

Vanguard, that is awesome. 

That's fantastic. He is definitely a hard worker and disciplined. Young people have a lot of adjustment to do from Covid. They were definitely impacted whether they got it or not. I love the proud parent moments. Well done.